Skip navigation

2448 Views 2 Replies Latest reply: Jan 19, 2013 9:54 AM by Kzai01
Kzai01 Amateur 30 posts since
Oct 26, 2011
Currently Being Moderated

Jan 12, 2013 3:04 PM

Please Help

My handles have a pretty good foundation but I want them to be more effective. Like I'll be able to get people with a cross sometimes but It would be just a concidence because i don't really pay attention to how their guarding or how their feet are positioned, I just do the move. So I was wondering how can observe these things in game speed situation where all u think is score and not getting stripped? please give feedback

• Coach Beez Legend 160 posts since
    Feb 4, 2010
    Currently Being Moderated
    1. Jan 17, 2013 11:43 PM (in response to Kzai01)
    Please Help

One of the best players I played with wasn't the fastest or quickest player on the floor, but he a knack for changing speeds and using his body effectively. I can't show you what he did, but I can tell you that it's important to get the defender off balance, either laterally or vertically. You can better observe how your man is playing you by actually using diffeent speeds on the floor. If you play at 100 MPH speed all the time, then you will not only NOT have a chance to read where and how the defender is playing you, but you will also be out of control.

I know I didn't answer your question fully, but maybe some of these ideas will help.

Good luck.

Coach Beez

Yo, what up fools?: It's me, " THE MAN " , Zac Ryan. Even though I'm a cartoon character, I can still ball chump! So if you like basketball, then come check me out and read all my comic strips at:

www.zaciswack.com

I'm out.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 7 points