Skip navigation

NEED HELP?|

1826 Views 2 Replies Latest reply: Jan 27, 2013 10:19 AM by JC2017
jeanette60621 Rookie 1 posts since
Dec 28, 2012
Currently Being Moderated

Dec 28, 2012 1:31 PM

Walking for fitness>>> feet hurt!  Help?!!

I have starting walking at end of September this year, now up to 3.5 miles in an hour, and the feet are just killing me!!!  Yes, have gotten new shoes 2 weeks ago, have good socks, previously heels hurt by end of walk, now balls of feet start being painful around 2.5 miles... I do not want to stop, this has been exceptional exercise for me to my weight loss goal.

Any pointers, or is my body just going through a 'phase' and I just need to get through it...

• Smukke Weiss Rookie 1 posts since
    Jan 1, 2013
    1. Jan 1, 2013 12:53 PM (in response to jeanette60621)
    Walking for fitness>>> feet hurt! Help?!!

A thought: If they feel good at the start of the workout & only get feeling bad after 2.5 miles, your shoes may be too tight -- your feet swell as you get moving. Try less sock (especially if you're using the specially padded walk-socks) and/or loosen the laces after the first 1.5 miles or so? You don't say how you bought your new shoes, but ... you should get them right after a long walk -- when your feet are at their most swollen. Typically you will want 1/2 to a full size larger than your 'normal' shoes. They may feel weird/big for the warmup, but you will be able to stay out longer as your feet will swell into them.

• JC2017 Rookie 7 posts since
    Apr 2, 2008
    2. Jan 27, 2013 10:19 AM (in response to jeanette60621)
    Walking for fitness>>> feet hurt! Help?!!

try some exercise that doesnt put alot of pressure on your feet like swimming or cycling, if something on your body hurts give it a rest time to heal, trust me I have pushed myself only to obtain injuries that took a long time to heal then only to pack on weight when I was forced to rest due to injury. Cross train and try something new to keep you in the loop Jeanette.

JC

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 7 points