Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

680 Views 2 Replies Latest reply: Jan 29, 2013 1:48 PM by Rich in NH
Rich in NH Legend 850 posts since
Dec 10, 2007
Currently Being Moderated

Jan 27, 2013 2:52 PM

Runs & workouts, Sunday, January 27, 2013

I spent the better part of the morning repairing the garage door panel I backed into yesterday.  Bought 2 new panes of glass and got the panel glued back together.  I'm waiting now for the glue to set, with any luck everything will be back to normal by tomorrow.

Oh yeah, 7 miles on the railtrail.  Splits were all over the place, but I'll take it, coming back from an injury requires patience.  11:03, 10:28, 10:12, 10:12. 10:40, 10:37 and 10:16.

Today's run gives me 29 miles for the week...

Enjoy life, this ain't a rehearsal...

• rcuriel Pro 178 posts since
    Mar 2, 2011
    Currently Being Moderated
    1. Jan 29, 2013 10:54 AM (in response to Rich in NH)
    Runs & workouts, Sunday, January 27, 2013

Rich,  hope the garage repair is going well.  I've been redoing the kitchen at home (counters, tile back splash, sink) and was doing the final caulking between the counter tops and kitchen.  Didn't notice that I got the wrong type of caulk - not water soluble - and made a mess.  Now, I'm trying to clean up and it's impossible. Nothing like self made mistakes...

4.3 miles Monday walking at 12:30 pace.  Was freezing (not really, just not enough layers) at the start and was walking fast to warm up.  Just kept it up.  There were a couple of women jogging that I could hear behind me that eventually passed me, took them a good half mile.  A mile later (I took the longer hill route) I could still see them before they took a different route.  Think I was gaining on them at the end...It was a good walk.

Started a group over at RA, "50 and Over 5K and Beyond" where I'm starting to add Workout discussions.  They do have run tracking and my Garmin will auto upload to it as well.  Like that feature.  For groups it will summerize your weekly runs - for the whole group and show you where everyone is for the week.  Like that too!  And it's more responsive.

Ray

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...