Skip navigation

1259 Views 3 Replies Latest reply: Feb 1, 2013 7:05 PM by Violet18 RSS
lydia622520 Amateur 28 posts since
Jun 11, 2012
Currently Being Moderated

Jul 20, 2012 1:49 AM

Sony EX3 MXF to WMV-Import Sony XDCAM PMW-EX3 MXF to Windows Movie Maker for editing

The Sony XDCAM EX PMW-EX3 compact camcorder with an interchangeable lens system incorporates three ?-inch type Exmor Full HD CMOS sensors, each with an effective pixel count of 1920 x 1080, delivering stunning-quality HD images HD resolutions. It is a pity that it recorded video file is MXF format. As we know MXF is not good editing format. So you will meet some troubles when you import PMW-EX3 MXF footages to Windows Movie Maker for editing.

I recently shot a short film on a Sony EX3. The camera guy provided me with MXF files, and I have a client in another city. They want to view the Sony EX-3 files, and maybe even do simple straight cut editing. But I find the Windows Movie Maker is not available. Any idea?

You may meet the similar trouble as the above Sony EX3 users encountered who wanna edit Sony EX3 MXF in Windows Movie Maker. Some users would apply the ClipBrowser to import and edit the original files; however, if you haven’t got the MXF plugin on your old PC or have get the rewrapped MXF clips, you will get depressed due to the incompatibility of Windows Movie Maker and MXF files.

Well, here we’d like to give you the easy solution to the problem. First, you can get the best MXF to WMV Converter to help you to convert Sony EX3 MXF files to Windows Movie Maker friendly format WMV without quality loss. Plus, this MXF to WMV Converter can also help you to convert MXF videos from Sony PMW-350K, PMW-F3L, PMW-F3K, PMW-100, etc to Avid Media Composer, Sony Vegas, etc.

Guide: Convert Sony EX3 MXF files to Windows Movie Maker with best video quality

Step 1: After the installation of the MXF Convert for Windows Movie Maker, you can launch it and import your MXF files to it.

Tip: To join multiple MXF files into one file for easier editing in Windows Movie Maker, please tick the "Merge into one" box.

Step 2: Click on the “Format” and you will get a dropdown menu and then select Adobe Premiere/Sony Veges >“WMV (VC-1)(*.wmv) as the output format which is the best format for Windows Movie Maker.

Tip: You can click the Setting icon to do some audio/video settings as you need. You can set the video size as 1920*1080 or just keep the original and set frame rate as 30fps to get a perfect output video.

Step 3: Click the Convert button; the Sony MXF to Windows Movie Maker conversion will start immediately.

When the conversion complete, you can get the .wmv videos from the output folder. Then it’s available for you to import Sony EX3 MXF files in Windows Movie Maker for further editing without any trouble.

Related guide:

Transfer Sony PMW-EX1 Rewarapped MXF to FCP

Best Solution to MXF Importing/Editing Problems

Transfer Canon EOS C300 MXF to Sony Vegas Pro

Import Canon XF100 MXF to Windows Live Movie Maker

• azurabena Rookie 1 posts since
    Aug 16, 2012

Best MXF Converter for Mac

http://www.wonderful-software.com/mxf-converter-for-mac/

MXF is a "container" or "wrapper" format which supports a number of different streams of coded "essence", encoded with any of a variety of codecs, together with a metadata wrapper which describes the material contained within the MXF file. MXF has been designed to address a number of problems with non-professional formats. MXF file format is not compatible with many programs. So you may have problem to play, edit or use these format. So are Panasonic HVX200/HPX300 MXF files, P2 MXF files and Canon XF100/XF105, Canon XF300/XF305 are also included. MXF Converter for Mac is the best tools on Mac that helps you convert MXF to MOV, MP4, AVI, MPG, etc for Editing with FCP X, FCP 6/7, FCE 4, iMovie, Avid, Adobe Premiere Pro, etc on Mac Leopard, Snow Leopard, Lion, Mountain Lion.

• MaicalJecol Rookie 5 posts since
    Aug 4, 2012

XDCAM EX to FCP-Convert Sony XDCAM EX MXF to ProRes for Final Cut Pro

Sony XDCAM EX to ProRes-Transfer Sony XDCAM EX MXF to Final Cut Pro on Mac

Summary: Follow the article below you will know before Log and Transfer Sony XDCAM EX MXF to Final Cut Pro for editing on Mac Mountain Lion 10.8, you need to convert Sony XDCAM MXF to ProRes for importing Sony XDCAM EX to FCP with Sony XDCAM EX to ProRes Converter for Mac.

"I have recorded many 1080p footages from Sony XDCAM camcorder, which I borrowed from my friends. I haven't shot or edited HD before now, so need some help setting up the project. when I import Sony XDCAM MXF files to final cut pro, it says that the files are not supported, I searched the forum and many people say the MXF footage need to be converted to prores codec, can you give me some suggestions and what software I need to use?".

Sony XDCAM camcorder is professional camcorder which is great for us to take high quality full HD videos, now popular models include PMW-EX3, PMW-EX1R, PMW-200, PMW-100, PDW-F800, etc.

If you have got the Sony XDCAM and often use it to record 1080p video, you may have the need to edit Sony XDCAM EX MXF in Final Cut Pro on Mac, but as the user stated above, FCP best supported video format is Apple ProRes 422 codec MOV format, so FCP doesn't support Sony XDCAM MXF footages well. The best method to solve this problem is to convert Sony XDCAM MXF to ProRes for editing in Final Cut Pro 6/7, you can follow the steps below to transcode Sony XDCAM MXF to ProRes for importing to Final Cut Pro editing.

1.Download Pavtube HD Video Converter for Mac. This professional HD Video Converter can help you convert Sony XDCAM EX to ProRes 422 MOV format for Final Cut Pro, more output formats are also supported.

2.Install and launch this XDCAM EX to ProRes Converter. Import Sony XDCAM MXF footages to the converter.

3.Click format bar to choose the output format. Click and choose Final Cut Pro -> Apple ProRes 422 (*.mov).

4.You can click "settings" to customize the output parameters, adjust the resolution, bitrate as you want.

5.Start convert Sony XDCAM EX to ProRes for FCP editing on Mac.

When you get ready to convert the added mxf videos on Mac, Click the "Convert" button to start conversion. The conversion processes will transcode MXF to ProRes MOV videos to be compatible with FCP editing.

After conversion, you can Importing video files and projects into Final Cut Pro without any trouble. Congratulations! You have successfully taken the first step to make your own masterpiece.

With this Sony XDCAM EX to ProRes Converter, you can easily change XDCAM EX files to FCP for editing, this software runs fast, so you can convert your XDCAM footages to FCP in less time, video and audio synchronization are perfectly guaranteed. You can also find more tips and tricks on FCP in Pavtube FCP column and MXF column.

• Violet18 Pro 194 posts since
    Aug 27, 2012

Import JVC HM700 camcorder XDCAM MOV files to Sony Vegas

Summary: This article will show the best way to convert JVC HM700 XDCAM MOV to WMV for Sony Vegas editing.

"Can Sony Vegas 11 edit XDCAM MOV files from the JVC HM700 camcorder ? The JVC site lists various compatible editors for this camcorder, but does not list Vegas, and I always get error when I try to import."

JVC HM700 camcorders are very excellent, the HM700 combines JVC's popular compact shoulder form factor with a new level of performance suitable for demanding applications in mainstream production, electronic newsgathering and cinematography. You may have bought a JVC HM700 camcorder and need to edit HM700 files in Sony Vegas, but HM700 XDCAM MOV files are not well supported by Sony Vegas, as you may encounter many audio and video problems, such as bitrate unsupported, and synchronization program.

How to edit HM700 XDCAM MOV files in Sony Vegas smoothly? The best way is to convert HM700 XDCAM MOV to Sony Vegas supported format, like WMV. WMV format is best for Sony Vegas, you can edit WMV videos in Sony Vegas without problems. Below is a guide for you.

1.Download Pavtube HD Video Converter. This software can convert HM700 XDCAM MOV files to WMV, and then you can use HM700 videos in Sony Vegas with WMV format.

2.Install and run this HM700 XDCAM MOV to Sony Vegas converter, just copy the XDCAM MOV files from the CF cards right to your hard drive, import the files to the software.

3.Click format bar to choose the output format. Click and choose HD Video -> WMV HD (*.wmv). This format is best for Sony Vegas.

4.You can click "Settings" button to adjust the parameters, such as resolution, bitrate, etc.

5.Click convert button to start converting HM700 XDCAM MOV to Sony Vegas.

Pavtube HM700 to Sony Vegas converter can convert XDCAM MOV files to Sony Vegas with best quality, it can convert HM700 to Sony Vegas with best audio and video quality, and you can convert the files very fast.

Note: You can use Pavtube DVD Creator to burn videos to DVD.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...