Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

340 Views 2 Replies Latest reply: Feb 4, 2013 4:26 PM by lenzlaw RSS
dsnyprncss Rookie 1 posts since
May 6, 2011
Currently Being Moderated

Feb 4, 2013 8:55 AM

Shoes!

I am in need for a good pair of shoes.  I've been running for about a year, although still at a beginner level.  This year since I've stuck with it I wanted to get an actual pair of running shoes.  The problem is I have very small feet (size 4 in children's).  Can anyone recommend where to start looking?   TIA!!

• BOSNPM We're Not Worthy 2,481 posts since
    Nov 20, 2007
    1. Feb 4, 2013 9:54 AM (in response to dsnyprncss)
    Shoes!

A running store!

• lenzlaw Community Moderator 10,276 posts since
    Jan 18, 2008
    2. Feb 4, 2013 4:26 PM (in response to BOSNPM)
    Shoes!

BOSNPM has a good answer.  From what I can find online, a "youth" (children up to about age 12) size 4 is about the same as a woman's size 5 and a half.  A good running store can tell you what is available in either a youth or a woman's size that would fit and work for you.  (By "running store", I mean a store that specializes in running and other sport shoes, and not a "big box" store like Dicks or Sports Authority.)  A youth shoe of a particular brand/model generally has the same construction as an adult shoe.  I've seen this issue addressed in Runners World but I don't have the reference handy.  It's a good idea to take your current shoes with you when shopping.  Also your running shoes should be a half to a full size larger than your street shoes (a thumb-nail width between the longest toe and the front of the shoe), which might help with your size problem.

Len

Len

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 7 points