Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

793 Views 3 Replies Latest reply: Feb 13, 2013 6:37 AM by MwRaab RSS
dirtymax Rookie 2 posts since
Feb 6, 2013
Currently Being Moderated

Feb 6, 2013 8:17 AM

New Shoes

Im new to this forum, im in need of some new shoes.  Im a weight lifter first but ive started running and i really enjoy it now.  Im 6'3 230lbs.  Ive done the shoe fit test online and ive narrowed it down to the:

Mizuno Wave Creation 14, Mizuno Prophecy 2

or

Brooks Glycerin 10, Brooks Trance 12

Im worried about the Mizunos because of the sole.  I think that they may be crushed when i lift, which i will take them off when i do heavy lifts. 

Which do yall recommend? 

Im wanting a good comfortable shoe.

I would go to my local running store but they do not carry my size 15!!!

• lenzlaw Community Moderator 10,390 posts since
    Jan 18, 2008
    1. Feb 6, 2013 11:39 AM (in response to dirtymax)
    Re: New Shoes

I can't comment on the shoes because I don't know anything about your running gait/footplant.  One thing I will say is do not wear your running shoes while lifting.  Use them only for running.

Len

Len

• MwRaab Amateur 13 posts since
    Aug 24, 2008
    3. Feb 13, 2013 6:37 AM (in response to dirtymax)
    New Shoes

I recommend the Hoka Bondi. I am 6'3" 225lbs. The shoes allow me to run further & longer than anything else I have used. They are available online. Expensive at $175 but I get 500 miles out of a pair compared to 200 for Brooks & Asics. I am on my 4th pair. I ran 1,465 miles last year. The shoe does tend to run a little narrow so I would suggest trying to find a store where you could try them on.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 7 points