Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

512 Views 2 Replies Latest reply: Feb 26, 2013 5:37 PM by ultimatehlth
Lexi2013 Rookie 1 posts since
Jan 30, 2013
Currently Being Moderated

Jan 30, 2013 10:56 PM

I am wondering, does anyone know...

I re-started working out on my treadmill due to gaining 60 pounds in the last 3 months (which is very normal for me cuz I'm tall and can go up and down in weight quite easy, however it's getting harder for it to go DOWN as I age!) but I've been fast walking/walking with treadmill on heighest incline for an average of an hour a day for the last 2 weeks. I've also stopped eating sugar and avoiding breads, but haven't lost a pound!??? Any thoughts?

• Jasko123 Legend 461 posts since
    Apr 18, 2011
    1. Feb 12, 2013 12:39 PM (in response to Lexi2013)

Hi Lexi,

There are so many diet plans and progams out there and the same method does not work for everyone.  Of course, we are all different, but I certainly agree with your goal to avoid refined flour and sugar products.  You may also want to increase lean proteins along with whole grains, fresh fruit/vegatables (this might help some with hunger control) and even try eater smaller amounts more frequently (as opposed to three larger meals). 

The other advice I can offer is to consider some of the safer supplements available.  I know there are thousands on the market, but CLA, Chrominium, Green Tea and 5-HTP are a few from more natural sources and have assisted with weight loss.  You can get them over-the-counter, but I would recommend talking to a professional and getting some quality products/advice from a health food store.    You may also want to look at your Vitamins.  For example, taking Vitamins E and C together can make a difference. 

As you progress on the treadmill, it might also be helpful to split your workouts (so doing something in the morning and another session in the evening).  This will assist with keeping your metabolism moving along with smaller snacks throughout the day. 

Hope this helps and wishing you all the best.

• ultimatehlth Pro 118 posts since
    Jul 13, 2009
    2. Feb 26, 2013 5:37 PM (in response to Lexi2013)

Hi Lexi,

Gaining 60 lbs in 3 months is anything, but normal. Besides finding a diet you can keep to which means lifestyle change not fad; you need to do both cardiovascular exercise as well as resistance training for best results. Don't expect results over night you are in this for the long hall. To gain that kind of weight you have to be over eating by 2400 calories daily. Might I suggest counseling or OA meetings, sometimes it's hard to do it alone and this sounds like more than just a big appetite.

Best,

Personal Trainer Hollywood - Studio City

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...