Skip navigation

159 Views 1 Reply Latest reply: Feb 17, 2013 12:44 PM by NolanHughes RSS
Currently Being Moderated

Feb 17, 2013 12:44 PM

The IceCube Half Marathon / 10k / 5k Reviews

Share your experiences with the The IceCube Half Marathon / 10k / 5k below <a href=http://www.active.com/half-marathon/mt-pleasant-mi/the-icecube-half-marathon-10k-5k-2013>Back to event details page.</a>

• NolanHughes Rookie 2 posts since
    Jan 31, 2012
    Currently Being Moderated
    1. Feb 17, 2013 12:44 PM (in response to Guest )
    Re: The IceCube Half Marathon / 10k / 5k Reviews

It was a good race. I love running in the cold and love the snow, too bad it didn't snow that much during the race. About 16 to 20 degrees for the entire race was great (seriously!). Only issue was the dirt roads you ran on. WAY TOO ICY for having 350  people running a half marathon. Should have tried to talk to the county and see if they could have gotten the road commission to just send over one salt truck to go through the dirt roads. Would have taken 15 to 20 minutes for the salt truck to just go through the area.

A big surprise was that they had 4 water stations and each gave out 8oz bottles of water. That is really good for a half marathon that only costs $35.

It was fun and since I love the cold I didn't mind having a frozen Adidas track jacket acting like shoulder pads. Just think they should try to get a salt truck to go through the areas where it was pure black ice for a good 5.5miles of the course. But it is funny how running when in less than 20 degree weather and snowing those were the two easy obstacles to face.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...