Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

383 Views 2 Replies Latest reply: Feb 24, 2013 5:31 AM by RobinfromMaine RSS
robdf Rookie 4 posts since
Feb 6, 2013
Currently Being Moderated

Feb 20, 2013 9:26 PM

New Balance 883 replaced by 840 now what?  ...  argh!

I can't remember the last time I had to figure out what shoe to buy.

In most case I buy a new pair of shoes throw them away and wear the boxes.

I'm a heavy (200lb when I'm skinny), neutral pronator with a normal to flat arch, an average to wide heel and a 9.5 4E width.  Fred Flinstone feet.

The New Balance SL-2 last shoes have always been the only shoe that fit well enough that I could run for any distance without my feet going to sleep.

I've been wearing them since some time in the early 90's but honestly it's been so long I can't remember when, although I do remember wear I bought them and how happy I was to finally have a shoe that fit.

NB buggered with the fit on the 840's and now they fit normal people better leaving me without a shoe.

So far the only thing I've found that looks like it might be a match is the brooks Dyad 7.

Anyone else in my shoes?   I could really use some suggestions on what to look for.   Living in a city with only a million people I'm probably going to have to mail order to get a pair of running shoes that fit.

arrrrgh!!!!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...