Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

2722 Views 17 Replies Latest reply: Feb 23, 2013 3:52 PM by Wideguy Go to original post 1 2 Previous Next
  • SarahWithAFringeOnTop Rookie 4 posts since
    Jan 9, 2013
    Currently Being Moderated
    15. Feb 21, 2013 11:24 AM (in response to Michelledvm)
    I miss the old C25K 'check-in' threads :(

Hi Rlcarson1!  Not really any suggestions other than to make sure you're completely warmed up (but I'm sure you've already thought of that).  The main thing I discovered is that at least as much of the training is for your miind as your body so maybe you're focusing on how your legs feel a bit too much?  But if you have got to W7 you are nearly there and it's just a matter of consolidating so well done!  Hopefully the tiredness will fade as you get more used to running.  I don't know if there are any more experienced runners who could offer any advice?

• robdf Rookie 4 posts since
    Feb 6, 2013
    16. Feb 21, 2013 6:28 PM (in response to Michelledvm)

W3R1 completed today.

Hoping to see a 30 minute 5k at the end of this but it may be a bit slower.

Transferred the workouts to my Garmin so I can listen to whatever I like and upload the workouts to Garmin Connect.

Data is fun.

It's bloody cold outside so I'm treadmilling this program.

I've been flailing around with what to do after C25K.   I've got no real interest in a marathon.  May try Higden's beginner 5k program and see if I can get myself down to a 27 minute 5k as a next objective.

I'd like to mix in some strength work, rowing, cycling as well so I'll probably start looking at what the sprint length triathloners do once I get myself to more of an "advanced novice not quite intermediate" level.

• Wideguy Legend 1,161 posts since
    Aug 27, 2009
    17. Feb 23, 2013 3:52 PM (in response to flamomof3)

flamomof 4 wrote:

I did w2 D1 today.

Hey there!  How's the running going?  

C25K GRADUATE!
    Complete 10/30/10

And then I let it all go again. More "restarts" than I can count but I haven't given up hope or trying yet. So who knows what's possible.

1 2 Previous Next

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...