Skip navigation

NEED HELP?|

849 Views 3 Replies Latest reply: Mar 5, 2013 2:05 PM by Paints
FuzzyFace2 Expert 41 posts since
May 30, 2007
Currently Being Moderated

Mar 4, 2013 9:41 AM

making the team

I'm currently in tryouts for my high school team and wonder what my chances of making the jv baseball team. I'm a solid hitter and was forth on the freshman team last year with a .368 average. I pitch and play centerfield , i got the chance to pitch in quite a few games last year with some success until the last week of the season when lifting started for football. I'm fast we've alreadly been timed on the basepaths and I was tied for 1st with one of the seniors. The only reason i'm asking today is that I continue to get calls from a coach asking me to come and play AAu basketball this spring instead of baseball. I love basketball but I would not have any friends on the team because they are all from other schools and although I like baseball I really just play it because my friends do. In case it matters I am a very good student with over a 4.0 gpa so my grades never suffer.

Thanks for your time.

FUZZ

• Lou_B Community Moderator 1,319 posts since
    May 25, 2007
    1. Mar 5, 2013 5:39 AM (in response to FuzzyFace2)
    making the team

Don't take this the wrong way, but you're a sophmore in  high school and you're asking "perfect strangers" to give you advice on a life choice?

Have you asked your parents?

Do you think you are old enough to make the decision yourself?

OK, so to your question, sounds like basketball is your sport of choice.  Do you intend to play high school basketball?

If you only play baseball because your friend do then I would say play AAU Basketball.

Again, that's just MY opinion and should have very little weight on YOUR decision!

• Paints Rookie 5 posts since
    Jan 27, 2012
    3. Mar 5, 2013 2:05 PM (in response to FuzzyFace2)
    making the team

Play both if you can young man.  Too many people saying you have to be a one sport player anymore with travel baseball and aau.  I will say this though, If your're that good of a hitter and have extreme speed to go with it, then please stay with baseball.  Speed can't be taught and it will take you a very long way in baseball.  Too many players limited to one-two positions because of lack of speed.  Colleges love kids with speed and centerfield is prime for kids with wheels, can hit and great GPA...colleges will gobble you up.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 7 points