Skip navigation

865 Views 1 Reply Latest reply: Mar 11, 2013 7:31 AM by MGlacken RSS
Kzai01 Amateur 30 posts since
Oct 26, 2011
Currently Being Moderated

Mar 9, 2013 5:44 PM

Good drills to do with no hoop?

Cold weather has been keeping me indoors most of the time, and I dont have money for the ymca, so I wanted to know good drills to do at home cause I dont think ball wraps are helping much. Please reply.

• MGlacken Rookie 6 posts since
    Dec 5, 2012
    Currently Being Moderated
    1. Mar 11, 2013 7:31 AM (in response to Kzai01)
    Good drills to do with no hoop?

Practice throwing the ball in the air, mimicing shooting.  The objective is to shoot the ball in the air and have the ball come right back to where you shot the ball.  This is to improve your shooting form.  By trying to shoot the ball back where you shot it will help with shooting the ball straight.  (try to also spin the ball too)

If you have a concrete wall nearby you can practice passing.  Set up five ,colorful, tapes in the a 10ft by 10feet area on the wall.  Aim for each tape as you bounce the ball of the wall.  This will practice your passing accuraccy.  You can try to pass fast to each tape to see if you can hit all 5 pieces of tape in 5 seconds.   Try not to pass softly.  You can also use this to help your behind the back pass.

If you do not have snow on the roof of your house (so the ball does not get stuck) you can practice rebounding.  Just throw the ball off your roof(hopfully the ball does not go through) and try to rebound the ball.  this will improve your reflexes and your ability to jump and reach for a ball that is out of your reach.  try not to throw the ball the same spot and try to give the ball a spin.  This way when you are rebounding the ball is not coming down in the same spot. 

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 7 points