Skip navigation

1038 Views 2 Replies Latest reply: Mar 11, 2013 4:01 PM by CoachSteve35 RSS
kentuckyfan1 Amateur 29 posts since
Mar 29, 2011
Currently Being Moderated

Mar 9, 2013 4:58 PM

Can anyone find me some easy basketball offseason drills just for 1-2 people?

I'm a 12 yr. old and I want to find some offseason drills for myself and for my 11 yr. old brother. I was usually a 3 or a 4 on the court.

This is off-topic: Our team won the county tournament, even though we had a crappy season.

Great players don't quit, but losers do- Kentuckyfan1

• MGlacken Rookie 6 posts since
    Dec 5, 2012

If you have a basketball court nearby then you and your brother can play from horse to 21(if you do not know what these are just reply)

you can also set the ball say on the other side of the road(hopfully the road is not busy) one of you(yourself or your brother) can count to three and on three both try to get the basketball and shoot the ball within 5 seconds.  (the game is a 1-1 but you have a time limit)  This increases hustle and your ability to shoot with few seconds to make your move. 

The best game is definatly 1v1.  This helps on all categories. 

another is 30 seconds-  In 30 seconds you have to keep the ball dribbling while your brother tries to steal the ball.  You cannot shoot in the time limit and you have to protect the ball. (you can do 15 or even 10 seconds)  after the time limit you can shoot. 

Try not to label your self as a point guard or a power forward.

• CoachSteve35 Amateur 13 posts since
    Mar 1, 2013

Hello Kentucky fan,

I guess it depends what you want to improve! I got a few basketball tips and drills. Let me know what you think.

Coach Steve,

Follow me for advanced basketball tips

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/basketballperformance

Twitter: https://twitter.com/hoopinSteve

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 7 points