Skip navigation

NEED HELP?|

621 Views 6 Replies Latest reply: Mar 19, 2013 7:59 AM by Sam Caramenico
Currently Being Moderated

Mar 18, 2013 8:11 AM

ST. PATRICK'S DAY RUN Reviews

Share your experiences with the ST. PATRICK'S DAY RUN below Back to event details page.

• TonyaI87 Rookie 1 posts since
    Jul 29, 2011
    1. Mar 18, 2013 8:11 AM (in response to Guest )
    Re: ST. PATRICK'S DAY RUN Reviews

The race was well-organized but a 5pm race in March with a slightly hilly course was brutal in the heat. The two two-mile loop sounded nice for people who wanted to stop at the beer garden halfway through but I would rather have had a full four-mile loop around the park. Kiwanis is awesome. In future, it might be helpful to have more volunteers around the course keeping kids who think it's fun to mess with runners off the course.

• ShannonRoth Rookie 1 posts since
    Jun 21, 2012
    2. Mar 18, 2013 10:28 AM (in response to Guest )

The day of this race was about one of the hottest days of the year so far and running at the hottest time of the day in the sun with a lot of hills was probably not the best idea.  I would have preferred the run to be earlier in the day or later after the sun was going down so it would have been slightly cooler.

• PaulRotzler Rookie 1 posts since
    Oct 17, 2012
    3. Mar 18, 2013 10:58 AM (in response to Guest )

I thought that the organizers could have put out more detailed information about the race.  Wave details, what is needed to pick up someone elses packet, etc.

I thought the beer garden was a good idea, though I didn't stop midway through the race...that seemed like it would be a bad idea.

It was hot, and I would probably make the event in the morning or after dark in the future.  That being said, it IS Arizona, so...

• Stacey_T Rookie 5 posts since
    Feb 9, 2012
    4. Mar 18, 2013 2:05 PM (in response to Guest )

2013 was the first year I had participated in this race; I was running (well, mostly walking) with my best friend and her 4-year-old daughter.  Kind of a weird course that cut through landscaping at times but was well-organized with enough aid stations.  A good next race if you're looking for something a little bit longer than a 5k.

• LoveFitnessForLife Rookie 1 posts since
    Mar 18, 2013
    5. Mar 18, 2013 5:30 PM (in response to Guest )

This was the first race I have ever participated in and I enjoyed it thoroughly!  The course was well mapped out and all the workers at the event were very nice and helpful.  I will definitely be doing more races sponsored by 4 Peaks Racing!

• Sam Caramenico Rookie 1 posts since
    Dec 15, 2011
    6. Mar 19, 2013 7:59 AM (in response to Guest )

Liked the race location, however thought the time of day for race and the heat were an issue.  How about an early morning run before the heat of the day.  Otherwise I liked that it was friendly to runners, walkers and families of all ages.  Like to see the kids out there running.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...