Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

311 Views 1 Reply Latest reply: Mar 18, 2013 1:47 PM by Shane_b RSS
BombedBlondchelle Rookie 1 posts since
Mar 14, 2013
Currently Being Moderated

Mar 14, 2013 4:49 PM

Greetings!

I just wanted to introduce myself, I hope this is the place to do it. My name is Chelly, and I'm a relatively new runner. I started the C25K in August of '12 and currently run 3-9 miles at a time (averaging about 5-6) 3-5x a week. I've never run a 5k, 10k, or any race as of yet, but I'm totally excited to do so. None of my friends are runners, and in fact they think I'm insane, so I'm just looking for people who love running as much as I do!

~Chelly

• Shane_b Amateur 8 posts since
    Nov 11, 2010
    Currently Being Moderated
    1. Mar 18, 2013 1:47 PM (in response to BombedBlondchelle)
    Greetings!

Wow, Chelly, that's really impressive.  It took me 6 months of running before I could go more than 3 miles and a year after that before I could break into double digits without feeling like I was dead.  Luckily for me, I had a pretty good support group.  I had, and still do, have plenty of friends who think I'm crazy but luckily enough I had a friend who hooked me up with a really cool running group.  My advice to you is talk to whomever you can, whenever you can, about running to keep it exciting.  I know it helps me stay excited just talking to other runners about the love of running.

Good luck, stay in touch, and keep that excitement going. 

Shane

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...