Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

464 Views 1 Reply Latest reply: Mar 19, 2013 9:33 PM by Carzee RSS
Chel Del Rookie 2 posts since
Nov 1, 2012
Currently Being Moderated

Mar 19, 2013 1:18 PM

New and 200+

Hi, everyone. My name is Chelsea and I am new but not that new to C25k. I have tried off and on a few times but my mindset was not good and I gave up easily. Unfortunately, it took me gaining more weight to really get motivated. Also, my best friend has started running and in a year has lost almost 75 lbs. She has inspired me! I am 26 years old and 220 pounds. It's time for a change.

I am wondering if there are any other young women (under 30?) who would like to form a smaller community to support each other. Or does anyone know if a competitive community? I think the support of some other women my age would motivate me and perhaps some competition will keep me going.

I am starting today, on a treadmill, since we just got about 5 inches of snow! Good luck to all of us.

"I woke up one day and saw that it was up to me; you can only be a victim if you admit defeat" -The Descendents

• Carzee Rookie 1 posts since
    Mar 19, 2013
    Currently Being Moderated
    1. Mar 19, 2013 9:33 PM (in response to Chel Del)
    New and 200+

Hi Chelsea!

I'm brand new to C25K, I just did my first run today, how did yours go? My circumstances are similar to yours, I'll be 26 next month and I've finally decided to change my habits for good and I'm going to stick with it. I hope to complete the program and hopefully I'll be comfortable enough running in public to do a 5k by the end of summer. I'd be interested in a support group if you get some people, or we can just support each other! I have faith that we can stick to the plan, and good luck to you too

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 7 points