How can I convert my AVCHD footage to Premiere Elements 10/11.0 editable format?
Although it is clarified that "Adobe Premiere Elements 11.0 supports DV, HDV, WDM, and AVCHD formatted video", many Elements users are experiencing problems with importing AVCHD footage to the well-known post-production video editor. Here are some questions put up in the Adobe forum.
"I'm considering buying a Sony NEX VG20, and I can't find information on whether Premiere Elements 10.0 can import it's files. The VG20 video format is AVCHD 2.0 (MPEG-4 AVC(H.264)), 1920x1080 @ 60p/24//60i. If Premiere Elements can't import the files directly, is there a work-around?"
"How can I convert my AVCHD footage to an easier high definition format to edit? We are using Adobe Elements 10 and it seems that some AVCHD .mts video from Sony Handycam do not load to AE."
Basically, I would not recommend using AVCHD 60p or 24p with the current versions of Premiere Elements, civex. But AVCHD 60i should work just fine. If you have already taken AVCHD footage in 60p or 24p, a preferable workaround is converting AVHCD .mts/.m2ts video to MOV or other editable formats (MPG, AVI, etc). In the following paragraphs I'll show you how to convert AVCHD to MOV files for importing to Adobe Elements 10.
What you need:
Pavtube Media Magician for Windows or Media Magician for Mac based on your computer OS. This freestyle AVCHD video editor and converter is a user-friendly package for AVCHD transferring, compressing and entry-level video editing. It's very handy to back up AVCHD (and other HD video recordings) to Mac HDD and export their own short film with just some simple editing. It can easily help you convert AVCHD video to SD videos, such as AVCHD to MP4, AVCHD to AVI, AVCHD to MOV, AVCHD to MPEG, etc.
Step-by-step guide converting AVCHD to MOV for Adobe Premiere Elements 10/11.0:
1. Launch the software in standby mode at your computer. Click on "Import Media Files"or "Import Media Folder"to browse and load the AVCHD .MTS files from computer. Or you may hooked up cam with computer and press "Import from camera" to ingest AVCHD footage from cam HDD.
2. Drag and drop the AVCHD videos to timeline. Here you can remove unwanted frames, trim out unwanted frames from specific clip by frame-accurate, and put the MTS/M2TS videos into the right order for merging. Use the scissor icon to do frames trimming.
3. Choose "Output"on the top of main interface to switch it to output interface.
4. Choose MOV as output format. Click on Format bar and choose "Common Format" as category and "H.264 Video (*.mov)" as sub-category. Under "Editor" tab, you can convert AVCHD to Adobe Premiere and After Effect format to maximally preserve your HD camcorder video quality.
5. Press the plus sign to add task for conversion. Select the task(s) and click on the triangle sign to start the AVCHD to MOV conversion.
While converting AVCHD to MOV, the app also converts AVCHD (1080i) video from interlaced to progressive scanning. It will achieve better image quality than original.
Apart from convert MTS/M2TS to MOV, it can also convert AVCHD to iPhone, and convert AVCHD to iPad, iPod, Apple TV, Zune and other portable devices. If you'd like toburn AVCHD to DVD, get DVD Creator instead.
More realated guides about AVCHD files transcoding:
If you have any problem, pls contact with email@example.com to get more information. You also can leave a message on Pavtube Community or Pavtube Facebook, we will answer your questions as soon as possilble.
Buy One Get Another Free? Yes, just join Pavtube's Special Offer to get the promotion.