Skip navigation

592 Views 4 Replies Latest reply: Apr 6, 2013 8:30 PM by DMarin RSS
Currently Being Moderated

Mar 27, 2013 10:15 PM

It Takes Guts 5K Reviews

Share your experiences with the It Takes Guts 5K below Back to event details page.

• tawnykasten Rookie 1 posts since
    Apr 1, 2008
    1. Mar 27, 2013 10:15 PM (in response to Guest )
    Re: It Takes Guts 5K Reviews

My husband, myself and our four children all joined in this event last year.  It was well organized and full of fun!  Our kids range from 6 years of age to 18 and they all had a great time!.  Some of us completed the 5K and some of us took the shorter distance mapped out.  The park setting was a special treat as we had a picnic lunch after the race.  There were additional activities for the kids to do, and our 6 year old was fascinated by the story reading by princesses!  What a great addition to a fundraiser that promotes health and encourages those of all abilities to participate!

• SassySchultzy Rookie 1 posts since
    Jul 19, 2012
    2. Mar 27, 2013 11:24 PM (in response to Guest )

Last year's event was well organized, yes, the ITG Mamas made sure we felt appreciated through their amazing dog togs, tattoos and princess love. But it felt much more like a labor of love.  The reason we (the participants) showed up, our WHY, was more than time, more than charity..  it was a community coming together to say, "We support you, we care and we're here..." That level of kindness and care cannot be organized; it shows up, puts it's running shoes on and just goes on...  I have no doubt this year will double, maybe triple, in size...  It was an amazing event to take part in. 

• jnchase Rookie 2 posts since
    Mar 23, 2009
    3. Mar 28, 2013 8:57 AM (in response to Guest )

Great 5k to enjoy as a family. My daughter who was 5 at the time was able to run almost the whole course and had a smile on her face the whole time. Can't wait to get out there and show our support for this cause again this year.

• DMarin Rookie 1 posts since
    Mar 5, 2008
    4. Apr 6, 2013 8:30 PM (in response to Guest )

Participated in this event last year!  Great course, great people, overall fun time!  Can't wait to do it again this year.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...