Skip navigation

NEED HELP?|

541 Views 5 Replies Latest reply: Apr 2, 2013 3:33 AM by AlbertoGonzalez7
Currently Being Moderated

Mar 30, 2013 4:01 PM

The Challenge Mud Run: Miami Reviews

Share your experiences with the The Challenge Mud Run: Miami below Back to event details page.

• Allman Fan Rookie 1 posts since
    Nov 5, 2007
    1. Mar 30, 2013 4:01 PM (in response to Guest )
    Re: The Challenge Mud Run: Miami Reviews

This was the most unorganized run I have ever been to.  It was not 5 miles, and, despite the name, was not challenging in any way.  A lot of the obstacles advertised did not exist.  Course was also not properly marked, leading to much confusion. 

• AnneSylvester Rookie 1 posts since
    Jan 5, 2012
    2. Mar 30, 2013 6:13 PM (in response to Guest )

Such a waste of money and time. I have participated in many obstacle races, but this was by far the worst. First off it was unorganized from beginning to end, it did not start on time , we waited in line to get our race number and bibs forever, they advertised 5 miles and the race wasn't even 4 miles. And wait.... The obstacles.. What obstacles? And that thing at the end that was called the beast. Ha! What a joke you waited in line forever and most people were tired of waiting and just walked to the finish line. I'm mad I spent the money.

• BrianHill3040 Rookie 1 posts since
    Sep 21, 2012
    3. Mar 31, 2013 9:26 AM (in response to Guest )

I too feel like this was a waste of time, effort, and money!

I was in the competitive wave/heat and when I got to the trails there was no race personnel inside or out of trails to properly direct you (horrible experience) when we came out of the trails over 100 people were now ahead of us and thus We had to work to achieve our respective place around people that should not even be in the competitive heat/wave!  Come on people you know if you should be in this field of runners or not.

Garfield you get a D for planning and organizing this race.  I tried to find the race director the infamous "Garfield" no where to be found

I doubt I will do another Challenge Race and guess what most likely there will be another race that same weekend next year so I will have an option!!!

Horrible Xperince for the Money - Brian

• DavidDaugherty Rookie 1 posts since
    Nov 5, 2012
    4. Apr 1, 2013 7:26 AM (in response to Guest )

The event on March 30th was a blatant money grab. Every conceivable aspect was cheaped-out on. This included parking, registration, wave control, obstacles, length of course, safety precautions, water stations, beverage sponsors (Sapporo?), t-shirts, entertainment, the Gryphon 'after-party'... It was just sad (and often funny) all the way around. For the reputation of Active.com, I suggest removing "The Challenge" from your site.

• AlbertoGonzalez7 Rookie 1 posts since
    Feb 3, 2013
    5. Apr 2, 2013 3:33 AM (in response to Guest )

This was definitely a waste of money and one of the most unorganized events I have ever participated in. I will not be doing this one next year. They were missing 3 obstacles and there was an hour wait for the last obstacle.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...