Skip navigation

3237 Views 5 Replies Latest reply: Apr 25, 2013 12:46 AM by david05315 RSS
KDProtege Amateur 10 posts since
Jan 21, 2013
Currently Being Moderated

Mar 16, 2013 9:56 AM

Experience

I am a really good shooter with great ball handling, but I've only played basketball for two seasons. I want to make the school team. Any drills to improve game-situation thinking

• Kzai01 Amateur 30 posts since
    Oct 26, 2011
    1. Mar 28, 2013 6:32 PM (in response to KDProtege)
    Experience

There's not really any drills. The only way to improve your basketball IQ is to play more games. What also helps me is not watching nba or college games just for fun, but really puting myself in the game and asking what I would do in that situation  and really studying what they do and learn from it.

• ShotMechanicsDotCom Rookie 2 posts since
    Apr 2, 2013
    2. Apr 2, 2013 8:37 AM (in response to KDProtege)
    Experience

Tons of great drills out there for ya! Yes experience is always great but you can prep with drills that simulate in game situations. One of the drilles I do frequently with players is the "U" Drill. It is a ball handling drill that gives you a chance to put combinations of moves together. You can check out a video here. http://youtu.be/n19ak2ShFco

If you would like stay tuned as we are revamping our whole website this summer.

Hope this helps!

Coach Castellaw

• EPE09 Legend 508 posts since
    Dec 28, 2009
    4. Apr 9, 2013 8:31 PM (in response to KDProtege)
    Experience

What I do is watch as much basketball as possible. While I'm watching the games, I analyze the defensive sets and offensive sets. I also I make up plays to boost my basketball IQ.

• david05315 Rookie 2 posts since
    Nov 25, 2012
    5. Apr 25, 2013 12:46 AM (in response to KDProtege)
    Experience

u can develop some game situation drills from the shell drills... the shell drills will give the player some idea and improve their IQ on how-to during game.... so after some shell drill practice... add in game situation by adding some defender... but u gonna pay attention on the players that pretty slow in getting the clue of the drills....

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...