Skip navigation

2994 Views 21 Replies Latest reply: Apr 30, 2013 4:53 AM by skypilot77 RSS Go to original post 1 2 Previous Next
  • BOSNPM We're Not Worthy 2,482 posts since
    Nov 20, 2007
    Currently Being Moderated
    15. Apr 4, 2013 7:16 AM (in response to DaveVause)
    MCM First Timers - "Support Group"

You guys are welcome to start posting your workouts and questions in the MCM dallies. 

• skypilot77 Legend 1,077 posts since
    Dec 16, 2009
    16. Apr 8, 2013 5:52 PM (in response to BOSNPM)

This is great if some new MCM runners enter the discussion and some returnees make their way back.

• MarcyWhatever Amateur 8 posts since
    Mar 27, 2013
    20. Apr 29, 2013 8:16 PM (in response to Aprilh0909)

Hi everyone!  This year's MCM will be my first ... race.  Of any kind.  Ever.  I just started running last June doing a Couch to 5K program.  I did that and just figured "why not run farther."  I have several friends that are marathoners and finish under 3 hours.  A few do ultras.  I can't even wrap my head around that at all.  Luckily they all give very consistent advice and tips on how to train.  Unfortunately none of them live around here.  I'll be doing this solo which, in case I fail miserable, will save me from embarrassment.  I run about 20 miles a week now and will begin the structured training program in a few weeks.  Terrified and slightly excited.  The weird thing is .... I don't even like running.  The actual act of running is not fun to me at all but it's helped with my fitness goals and keeps me healthy.  Still looking for that "runner's high" I've heard about.  Good luck to everyone!!

• skypilot77 Legend 1,077 posts since
    Dec 16, 2009
    21. Apr 30, 2013 4:53 AM (in response to MarcyWhatever)

Welcome Marcy,

I hope the training goes well.

I'd suggest to you and all the others that want to be part of this "support group" is that you start posting in the daily log --- the posts you see with the date and day.

There develops a sense of accountability for your training. Also, just in the recording of those daily post there are little pieces of training information that may be helpful

1 2 Previous Next

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...