Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

498 Views 1 Reply Latest reply: Apr 18, 2013 1:32 PM by PeterME RSS
notreadyformidlifecrisis Rookie 1 posts since
Apr 17, 2013
Currently Being Moderated

Apr 17, 2013 5:32 PM

Day 1/Week 1 C25K - 20 minutes?

Day one/week one of my training.  I'm 47, need to lose a few libbies (lbs) and gain some confidence and attitude.  I'm not sure of the 20 minutes for today.  Does this mean (after the 5 minute brisk warm up) alternate between jogging (60 secs) and walking (90 seconds) to equal 20 minutes?  I ended up at 25 minutes (INCLUDING the 5 minute warm up).  I know it really doesn't matter in the long run.  Thanks for any encouragement from my fellow newbies. 

• PeterME Amateur 12 posts since
    Mar 4, 2013
    Currently Being Moderated
    Day 1/Week 1 C25K - 20 minutes?

At least on the version I am doing, it's a 5 minute warm up and a 5 minute cool down, with 20 minutes alternating running and walking in between the warm up and cool down.

The app I'm using shows the 30 minute clock and announces when to begin each stage, i.e. "begin your warm up now"  "Begin running now" "begin walking now" "begin your cooldown now".  Makes it easy, I don't have to track anything, just wait for the disembodied voice to tell me what to do next.

Yeah, I listen to the voices in my head

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...