Skip navigation

NEED HELP?|

1208 Views 9 Replies Latest reply: Apr 23, 2013 12:06 PM by SeeKat
Currently Being Moderated

Apr 20, 2013 10:39 PM

THE RAVE RUN DENVER 2013 Reviews

Share your experiences with the THE RAVE RUN DENVER 2013 below Back to event details page.

• AKarlsen23 Rookie 1 posts since
    Jun 6, 2012
    1. Apr 20, 2013 10:39 PM (in response to Guest )
    Re: THE RAVE RUN DENVER 2013 Reviews

Don't do this if you actually want to run a 5k, very unorganized start. Course was marked poorly, there was a 1 mile sign and no others. The lights and music were good, not really any during the last mile though. The finish was just a bunch of people standing around looking for their friends you couldn't get near the finish banner. If you went for the party atmosphere and to jog and walk a little it was great.

• DanielAlt Rookie 1 posts since
    Oct 20, 2012
    2. Apr 21, 2013 7:13 AM (in response to Guest )

Poorly organized. No official start or times. They didn't have waves so it was a chaos the whole time. The course we poorly marked and I was up front and did an extra quarter mile. Lights and music were okay; however, many gaps in the race where you would be running in the dark. At the end, no beer yet it is supposed to be a party? Save your money, do a different 5k.

• JCCox0 Rookie 1 posts since
    Feb 17, 2013
    3. Apr 21, 2013 11:22 AM (in response to Guest )

This run was terrible!!! No organization. Thousands of people running in the dark.  No reflector tape marking anything including cord panels on the ground that people couldn't see and tripping over.   No one knowing where to go or where the route was. No one directing anything. Terrible. Just terrible.

• JoelleCarlson Rookie 1 posts since
    Feb 28, 2013
    4. Apr 21, 2013 8:07 PM (in response to Guest )

This event was a HUGE disappointment. There was absolutely no organization to the event. "Stunning display of lights" was a gross exaggeration. Most of the route was neither marked nor lit up. The previous review has it right: don't do this if you actually want to run a 5K. I don't plan on doing it again and I hope other people don't  spend their money on it either unless they are prepared to walk 5K in the dark.

• MDCO Rookie 1 posts since
    Jul 31, 2009
    5. Apr 21, 2013 9:25 PM (in response to Guest )

This race was awful - extremely unorganized with regards to the beginning and the end of the race. There were no waves at the beginning resulting in too many people trying to cram through the start line (if you can call it that). The course wasn't clearly marked and there were a few unintentional obstacles causing people to trip during the race. The lighting and music was pretty much nonexistent throughout the course. Many people, including myself, could not even cross the finish line because it was so packed people were just standing there. Overall, save your money and run a different race.

• Colise Rookie 1 posts since
    Mar 20, 2013
    6. Apr 22, 2013 11:59 AM (in response to Guest )

Super unorganized, could hardly see since there was no reflective tape.  The finish line was so bogged down with people, you had to walk through.

• Lauraeliza30 Rookie 1 posts since
    Apr 17, 2013
    7. Apr 22, 2013 12:34 PM (in response to Guest )

This race doesn't actually even deserve 1 star. Poorly organized, not many lights, actually a pretty dangerous course as it was hard to see potholes, etc. Had they had as many lights as the claimed it wouldn't have been much of an issue. When you are in crowd that big it is impossible to anticipate what is coming ahead and then throw in the dark and it is a disaster waiting to happen.  Doesn't deliver much of anything it promised. If you are a runner, don't do this race! There are some fun runs that are actually fun and pretty organized that even a serious runner could enjoy, but this isn't the one! Pretty much just a money making gimmick! 

• JillianRedfern Rookie 1 posts since
    Nov 2, 2011
    8. Apr 22, 2013 1:35 PM (in response to Guest )

Terrible organization. No enough fun for a fun run.

• SeeKat Rookie 1 posts since
    Mar 11, 2009
    9. Apr 23, 2013 12:06 PM (in response to Guest )

Too much (false) advertising and not enough set up.  For as large of a turn out as there was, the race should have been much better organized.  The picture used on Groupon to advertise this race was not even from a Rave run in any city (it was from a different race in Austin).  People were running on the grass/off of the course because there simply was not enough room on the course.  There were dark areas on the course where people were tripping.  If the lights had been set up as advertised and explained in the event description not nearly as many people would have tripped/fell.  The lights that were there were nice, but not at all what was portrayed.  The layout of the course was also done poorly. People running sections multiple times because sections overlapped and no clear delineation of which way to go (thank you to the man on the blow horn trying to direct runners, but unfortunately with a crowd that large it didn't really help). I saw 1 water station where runners were poring their own water, and was impossible to get to due to the crowd.  No water or other type of refreshments were offered at the end of the race either, I was glad I had a water bottle waiting in the car.  At completion of the "course" I immediately left.  This was basically just a really big party, not a run. I wouldn't even call it fun. I will not run this race again.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...