Skip navigation

3945 Views 1 Reply Latest reply: Apr 23, 2013 12:41 PM by adamheimann
parkerlind Rookie 2 posts since
Aug 31, 2009
Currently Being Moderated

Aug 31, 2009 5:12 AM

Benefits of Vitamin C...

This vitamin helps to strengthen the tiniest blood vessels such as capillaries and cell walls. It also helps in the formation of a protein found in connective tissues called collagen.

Collagen is a protein needed for healthy skin, bones, teeth and gums. It also plays an important role in healing burns and wounds. Vitamin C also helps to produce neurotransmitters, noradrenalin which regulates blood flow, and serotonin which helps to promote sleep. Vitamin C helps to prevent cataracts and also treats asthma and protects against some forms of cancer and heart diseases.

Vitamin C helps to produce hemoglobin in red blood cells and also helps to absorb iron from the food. Vitamin C is one of the best remedies for common cold.

Vitamin C helps older people suffering from respiratory infections to fight against it. It may also help your body to fight against eye problem and prevents high cholesterol levels.

It also helps prevent re-blockage of arteries after angioplasty. Vitamin C helps the body recycle other antioxidants. It provides numerous other benefits, including helping to prevent certain cancers. Vitamin C can distort the accuracy of medical test for diabetes, colon cancer and hemoglobin level.

Vitamin C helps to fight damages caused by unstable oxygen molecules called free radicals. It promotes immune function, helps to repair tissues and supports the adrenal gland, which controls production of stress hormones in the body.

Women who took a daily-required dose of Vitamin C for 10 years or more had a lower rate of early lens opacities, which is the first stage of cataract, than women who did not use supplements.

• adamheimann Legend 523 posts since
    Apr 17, 2013
    Currently Being Moderated
    1. Apr 23, 2013 12:41 PM (in response to parkerlind)
    Benefits of Vitamin C...

Vitamin C is a great way to stay healthy. Doing some sort of yoga- either alone or in a group I've also noticed has contributed to my overall feeling better lately. I've mostly been practicing by myself but I really enjoy it. I've found the most comfortable clothes too ( which makes the overall expereince really comfortable.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...