Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

624 Views 3 Replies Latest reply: Apr 26, 2013 8:58 PM by desertfox2012 RSS
desertfox2012 Amateur 11 posts since
Sep 2, 2012
Currently Being Moderated

Apr 22, 2013 6:47 PM

Ran my first half marathon!!

I haven't posted for a while in this forum, but for anyone that had read my previous posts, I had been training for my first half marathon (I had run several 5ks last year). Well I just completed it yesterday and I feel great! Finished in 1:56:56 (1:55:08 chip time) which is awesome since I wanted to complete it in under 2 hours. Reading in other online forums, it made me feel like I should've probably ran it a little bit faster (I'm a 29 year old guy), but being that it was my first HM, I'm pretty excited about that time.

It's amazing that just 8 months ago I could barely run a half a mile, and now I'm able to run a half marathon. It just shows you that if you get determined to do something, you can do it!

Not much else I wanted to say but was just excited and happy I was able to do it. Good luck to everyone else running their first (or whichever number) road race this year!

• Leo085 Rookie 1 posts since
    Jan 15, 2008
    1. Apr 24, 2013 11:30 AM (in response to desertfox2012)

That's pretty inspiring!  Hope I can say that in 8 months!  Congrats dude!

• Kelly1066 Pro 115 posts since
    Jul 12, 2012
    2. Apr 26, 2013 1:59 PM (in response to desertfox2012)

That's amazing!!!  I finished C25K in Sept. 2012 and am training for a half marathon in September... I wish I had a goal of under two hours, but I really just have a goal of completion with a smile

I'm running the last day that I'm 29, so I laughed when I saw that you completed your first 1/2 at 29 - seems like a great bucket list thing to do before you're 30, right?!

Keep in mind that a lot of other runners in our age category have been running since high school track and before... my husband is a marathon runner and I watch him get faster every year despite going up in age, because his experience and aerobic capacity and everything else just keep getting better.

Good for you, you are an inspiration!

I write a running blog geared towards other new runners at http://www.iamrunningthis.com!

Couch to 5K graduate, September 2012

First 10K, June 2nd, 2013

First Half Marathon, September 2013

Twitter: @iamrunningthis

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...