Skip navigation

556 Views 1 Reply Latest reply: Apr 29, 2013 4:57 AM by Lou_B RSS
Mom2MasTay Rookie 1 posts since
Apr 20, 2013
Currently Being Moderated

Apr 20, 2013 6:00 PM

Rotating Players?

Good evening.  I am a new Little League Manager.  I am a woman, and have never played baseball, or softball in my life.  That being said, I am stepping up to manage my son's Minor 2 Baseball Team (7-9 years old).  I have several dads helping me who have a better understanding of the game.

My question is this:  I have some parents telling me that I need to rotate player positions every GAME.  I have others telling me I need to rotate player position EVERY INNING.  So the kids are changing positions and in my opinion they don't get a real feel for the position they are playing.

Is there a rule that says I have to rotate every inning?  Is there a rule that says every few innings?  Is there a rule that says every game?  I have been looking, but I am getting very confused. 

Thanks to all that can help me understand.

• Lou_B Community Moderator 1,319 posts since
    May 25, 2007
    Currently Being Moderated
    1. Apr 29, 2013 4:57 AM (in response to Mom2MasTay)
    Rotating Players?

There is no Little League rule that requires you to rotate players.

That said, especailly in minors, a lot of local leagues have Local Rules that require players to be rotated.

Bottom oine, in minors, rotating players is a good idea to let the players get a chance to play the various positions.

Be careful though, some players may not be skilled enough yet to play some positions.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...