Skip navigation

NEED HELP?|

2543 Views 5 Replies Latest reply: May 7, 2013 6:17 AM by kristanwarry
Jburke720 Rookie 1 posts since
Mar 9, 2011
Currently Being Moderated

Apr 26, 2011 8:38 PM

Anyone following the Paleo Diet?

I've been doing a lot of research on the Paleo Diet recently and have begun following it myself.  I've noticed a significant difference in my energy levels and have leaned up quite a bit by eliminating the sugars and grains from my diet...took a couple of weeks to adapt but once I got through first 2 weeks, it has been smooth sailing.  The toughest part is having the time to prepare all of my meals at home.  Seems to be working, curious to see if anyone else has followed and if so how it has affected your athletic performance.  Also, I ran across these awesome meal packs that allow me to eat Paleo on the go - anyone tried these before? www.thenewprimal.com

• TBergenn Rookie 5 posts since
    May 2, 2011
    1. May 7, 2011 8:58 AM (in response to Jburke720)
    Re: Anyone following the Paleo Diet?

I have a friend eating paleo.  Personally, I have been aware of this way of eating for a long time, and have incorporated its principles... when I want to, but not all the time.  It's good to know that there are Paleo packs... cool website.  Have you checked out Mila yet?  I'm a distributor.  It's the healthiest, whole raw food on the planet.  It's also know as the Aztec runners' food, an ancient superfood.  I eat it every day.  So does my 53 year old boyfriend, who is training for a triathlon.  So does Michael Varbaek (world class cyclist, captain of Denmark racing team) and his wife Diane Haworth (fitness trainer for the Navy Seals).  Those two are also both raw food chefs.  Anyway, here is a link to check it out.

http://seed4change.net/?page_id=487

And here is a link to purchase the product:http://milaperforms.lifemax.net.

If you have any questions or comments, let me know.  Depending on where you live, and your interest, I could maybe give you a sample.

T.

• johntexdude Rookie 3 posts since
    Apr 7, 2011
    2. Jun 26, 2011 5:25 PM (in response to Jburke720)

It's amazing how Paleo diet showed good results for few of my friends, but not for me at all.

There are tons of different diets and methods and most are great, you just need to find the right one for your organism.

So I have no doubt Paleo diet is good concept, but for my body, didn't work....

Free IQ Test

• coops21 Rookie 1 posts since
    Oct 13, 2011
    3. Oct 13, 2011 10:18 AM (in response to johntexdude)

John, that's not all that uncommon. In fact, part of the battle with dieting is finding the right one for each individual. If you're not getting results with one, try something else, I say.

Diet Reviews

• TreFit Rookie 1 posts since
    Oct 14, 2011
    4. Oct 14, 2011 9:10 PM (in response to Jburke720)

I've been Paleo since July 2011. It's wonderful! My recovery time is amazing. Only took 5 days to have full mobility after dislocating my shoulder a few weeks ago. No pain, either! I walked my first half marathon in September. Took first in my age group! I feel healthier and stronger than ever.

As for prep for meals, weekends are my friend. I usually try to get some things cooked up ahead or at least planned for the week. Crock pot foods are wonderful. I can prep the night before, stick it in before work and dinner is ready when we get home. I also like to make things that will have leftovers so we have quick things for lunch. Works out pretty well most of the time.

• kristanwarry Amateur 16 posts since
    Apr 18, 2013
    5. May 7, 2013 6:17 AM (in response to Jburke720)
    Anyone following the Paleo Diet?

very nice diet

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 7 points