Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

7012 Views 99 Replies Latest reply: Aug 28, 2007 1:44 AM by Rnag63019 Go to original post 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 Previous Next
  • wannaloseweight Rookie 43 posts since
    Dec 14, 2007
    Currently Being Moderated
    60. Aug 27, 2007 12:34 PM (in response to originalsuds)
    Re: Running Moms and Dads, Monday

quote:

Originally posted by txshell:

I probably weighed about that much maybe less...but I was straight as a board...but damn my *** and legs were tight...now I weight the same, have SOME curves, *** and legs aren't too bad, but not what they were, and the *****...I'll keep them HAHA

LOL...I have never lacked in the boob or curves area. Had runners legs and I didn't run. Heh. My massage therapist told me the other day my quads and hams are very developed. It's a hereditary thing cuz I don't work them all that much. And the ***...well it's bigger than I'd like, but it's got shape so I can't complain too much. If only I could lose some of this weight, dammit! When I tell ppl I want to lose 50 lbs they tell me NO WAY. So maybe I am being too critical of myself, who knows?

• MFarr26028 Rookie 172 posts since
    Dec 14, 2007
    61. Aug 27, 2007 12:37 PM (in response to originalsuds)

QOD: 23!!!!!!!!!!

I swear, Im stuck at 23 even if the years don't quite add up (I'm really 31! !http://www.coolrunning.com/forums/biggrin.gif|src=http://www.coolrunning.com/forums/biggrin.gif|border=0!) And sometimes even younger - It's the same me regardless of my age!

Great QOD, Ron, and I love love love that everyone answers younger than their real age!  Cause not everyone could/would be able to say that!

• txshell Rookie 488 posts since
    Jun 26, 2007
    62. Aug 27, 2007 12:50 PM (in response to originalsuds)

I always had good legs too and was only on the track team in 7th grade...I had good genes I guess. I could do very heavy leg exercises.

Jun 26, 2007
    63. Aug 27, 2007 1:01 PM (in response to originalsuds)

you know how they say to just focus on today???

Well I'm trying that and since I wasn't thinking about today, yesterday, now I'm looking at today going

CRAP! I have to cook dinner, run, take DD1 to buy more school supplies...HOLY MOLEY GUACAMOLE! 

Oh and just cause I'm feeling fiesty...

• runningforfreedom Amateur 163 posts since
    Dec 14, 2007
    64. Aug 27, 2007 1:21 PM (in response to originalsuds)

Back from my workout, it was tought, and great. I ran 1.75 miles at a 12mm pace, and added a few hills in there on the TM... did chest shoulders and back, and abs... was gonna ride a few miles on the bike, but ran out of time at the daycare... an hour and a half is all I get, and I usually use every minute of it  !http://www.coolrunning.com/forums/biggrin.gif|src=http://www.coolrunning.com/forums/biggrin.gif|border=0!

QOD: Hmmm maybe 22-23? 25 tops... I guess about as old as I look (at least on a good day  ) So yeah, younger than I am also, by a good 10+ years. I keep having birthdays, but I'm still waiting to start feeling older (okay when I was heavier I felt a lot older, cause it was so hard to move) Endurance wise, I'd say I'm better than I even have been, or at least the best in years.

----

myspace[/URL" target="_blank">
    Higher Chakra Jewlery[/URL" target="_blank">

I run trails in skirts!!!!!

Jun 26, 2007
    65. Aug 27, 2007 1:24 PM (in response to originalsuds)

good workout

Jun 26, 2007
    66. Aug 27, 2007 1:31 PM (in response to originalsuds)

Would someone please explain to me why Michael Vick is more important news than Alberto Gonzales resigning!

• jbrindamour Rookie 171 posts since
    Dec 14, 2007
    67. Aug 27, 2007 1:35 PM (in response to originalsuds)

At 41, I have to go back to high school or perhaps grad school to a period of time where I was in better shape.  Although in grad school, it was way less cardio and a lot more strength.  Just over a year ago I marveled at my wife's friend who would go out for long runs of 12 or 13 miles.  I couldn't imagine ever running so far.  I used to dread runs of even 6 miles.   Well yesterday's 20 didn't kill me and I actually feel like I could run today if it wasn't a rest day.  Maybe I'll ride bikes with the girls. 

Hi to all.  Looks like I'm going to have a good jump in my miles for August.  Ramping up.

Jun 26, 2007
    68. Aug 27, 2007 1:38 PM (in response to originalsuds)

HEY CJ...isnt it amazing how far we can come in such a short time???

• Amandamom24 Rookie 8 posts since
    Aug 8, 2005
    69. Aug 27, 2007 1:39 PM (in response to originalsuds)

Deb, I grew up just outside of West Lafayette, IN home of the Purdue Boilermakers.  My parents live in farm country . I love the boonies too, but there were so many darn dogs to worry about. I guess those farmers just let their dogs roam.  Oh well. My parents own 40 acres with a wooded area and creek running through it. Its great!

Jun 26, 2007
    70. Aug 27, 2007 1:41 PM (in response to originalsuds)

quote:

Originally posted by Amandamom24:

Deb, I grew up just outside of West Lafayette, IN home of the Purdue Boilermakers. My parents live in farm country . I love the boonies too, but there were so many darn dogs to worry about. I guess those farmers just let their dogs roam. Oh well. My parents own 40 acres with a wooded area and creek running through it. Its great!

You're just making me sick with the 40 acres and creek running through it! 

Dec 14, 2007
    71. Aug 27, 2007 1:46 PM (in response to originalsuds)

quote:

Would someone please explain to me why Michael Vick is more important news than Alberto Gonzales resigning!

Its top story in NYTimes.  He's going to have no one left by the time his term is up.    Let's see, just to name a few... Rumsfeld, Karen Hughes, Philip Cooney, "Brownie", Karl Rove, Dan Bartlett, Monica Goodling, Jim Nicholson, Peter Pace, Harriet Meiers and now Gonzales....

Dec 14, 2007
    72. Aug 27, 2007 1:50 PM (in response to originalsuds)

quote:

HEY CJ...isnt it amazing how far we can come in such a short time???

Yep, but I've been working hard to get there.  Have not maintained such consistency in my workouts for such a long period of time in many years.

Jun 26, 2007
    73. Aug 27, 2007 1:54 PM (in response to originalsuds)

quote:

Originally posted by ClydesJohn:

Its top story in NYTimes. He's going to have no one left by the time his term is up. Let's see, just to name a few... Rumsfeld, Karen Hughes, Philip Cooney, "Brownie", Karl Rove, Dan Bartlett, Monica Goodling, Jim Nicholson, Peter Pace, Harriet Meiers and now Gonzales....

I know...it's freaking me out! I'm scared to see the titanic that is about to happen!

• wannaloseweight Rookie 43 posts since
    Dec 14, 2007
    74. Aug 27, 2007 2:09 PM (in response to originalsuds)

quote:

Originally posted by Amandamom24:

Deb, I grew up just outside of West Lafayette, IN home of the Purdue Boilermakers. My parents live in farm country . I love the boonies too, but there were so many darn dogs to worry about. I guess those farmers just let their dogs roam. Oh well. My parents own 40 acres with a wooded area and creek running through it. Its great!

I hear ya. My in-laws live on 10 acres that butts up to Chain O Lakes State Park. They have a 3 acre lake/pond, but not so good for swimming. At least I wouldn't. It's gorgeous out there and not too much land to manage. Maybe one day it will be ours. One can only hope.

Purdue eh? I grew up in Mishawaka...Notre Dame country. LOL Can you say major rivals? It's all good. We have some Purdue fans in our family, but not too many...we're die hard Irish fans. Can't wait til their first game...I believe it's Sept 8th. WOOO HOOOOO!

1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 Previous Next

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...