Skip navigation

394 Views 3 Replies Latest reply: May 13, 2013 3:27 PM by Frank_B RSS
joe1120 Rookie 1 posts since
May 9, 2013
Currently Being Moderated

May 9, 2013 9:57 AM

Pitches count limit.

Question posed to me by a coach in my league if there is a player who is 10 years old his maxumim pitches allowed is 75 if He turns 11 durring  the season is he allowed to throw 85 after his 11th birthday or is it his age when the season starts this is not clearly adressed in the rule book as i can see anyone know the answer?

• Mike_CVUA Legend 593 posts since
    May 25, 2007
    1. May 10, 2013 8:41 AM (in response to joe1120)
    Re: Pitches count limit.

Joe:

I assume this is Little League ball.

At the beginning of the season, each player should khow what his/her "League Age" is.  It is specified in the rules.

For purposes of eligibility for tournaments and pitch count limitations, the league age is what matters, and you retain that designation for the duration of the season.  So in your case, your player will have a pitch count max of 75 the whole season.

Mike CVUA

• Kyle_ Legend 556 posts since
    May 25, 2007
    2. May 12, 2013 9:05 PM (in response to joe1120)
    Re: Pitches count limit.

It really depends on when his birthday is. If it's 30 April, or before, he's league age 11. If it's after, he's league age 10.

It's that simple.

• Frank_B Legend 1,324 posts since
    May 30, 2007
    3. May 13, 2013 3:27 PM (in response to Kyle_)
    Pitches count limit.

That is why some LLWS/Majors TV fans get "confused" when they hear announcers note that a player is 13 years old. True, chronologically, but LL league/age 12.  Announcer failing to note or explain the league/age cut/off date.

LLWS being held in  August, a player turning 13 on/after May 1st.

Frank!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 7 points