Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

375 Views 1 Reply Latest reply: May 10, 2013 8:32 PM by runningexpert1123 RSS
mckohtz Rookie 2 posts since
May 2, 2013
Currently Being Moderated

May 2, 2013 5:40 PM

My husband's broken ankle finally healed...

My husband's ankle finally healed after breaking it over 9 months ago and he wants to get back into running.  The doctor gave him the OK, but recommended he do a month of walking training to strengthen his foot bones so he doesn't get a stress fracture, before starting to run again. Does anyone have a suggestion for a trainning program that includes walking for the first month before starting the C25K.  Thanks

• runningexpert1123 Rookie 2 posts since
    May 10, 2013
    Currently Being Moderated
    1. May 10, 2013 8:32 PM (in response to mckohtz)
    My husband's broken ankle finally healed...

Yes. It's always best to take it easy after an injury. Have him alternate walking and jogging for maybe 10 and 15 minutes. Eventually he should try to build up to his previous fitness. If he can't run right away but can still exercise, using ellipticals or riding bikes can help him at least get his fitness back. Hope this helps. For more tips send me an email at runningnewsweekly@mail.com and I will send you my free running newsletter.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 7 points