Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

5428 Views 19 Replies Latest reply: May 15, 2013 11:33 AM by lawiant RSS Go to original post 1 2 Previous Next
  • brcs78 Rookie 1 posts since
    Jan 23, 2013
    Currently Being Moderated
    18. May 15, 2013 6:54 AM (in response to KelseySpencer)
    Running my first 5k in a week!

I have run probably 25 5k races in my life, 5 10k and one half marathon.  I just love running,with all the people

• lawiant Rookie 6 posts since
    Jul 26, 2012
    Currently Being Moderated
    19. May 15, 2013 11:33 AM (in response to KelseySpencer)
    Running my first 5k in a week!

Interspace8 gives you some really good advice! (as did a lot of the other comments). It is so easy to start off too fast, so just slow down, get a rhythm going and enjoy the run!  So what if you have to walk a little!  I ended up walking a few intervals in my first few runs, and then one day when I felt really comfortable and confident, I just told myself to keep putting one foot in front of the other, no matter how slow the jog, keep my eyes up, and before I knew it, I ran the whole distance:)  Enjoy!

1 2 Previous Next

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...