Skip navigation

234 Views 3 Replies Latest reply: May 20, 2013 9:40 AM by Blitzone RSS
Currently Being Moderated

May 19, 2013 5:19 AM

2nd Annual Brave Rifles 5k/10k Run Reviews

Share your experiences with the 2nd Annual Brave Rifles 5k/10k Run below Back to event details page.

• StevenVaughn Rookie 1 posts since
    Apr 11, 2012
    1. May 19, 2013 5:19 AM (in response to Guest )
    Re: 2nd Annual Brave Rifles 5k/10k Run Reviews

I don't know what went wrong, but the route I ran for the 10k was well over 8 miles.  There were two places for water before mile 2 and there wasn't another water station until mile 6.75.  My wife ran the 10k as well and was directed a totally different route. Her run only ended up being 7.75 miles.  The people directing the runners weren't much help.  Some were sitting on walls smoking cigarettes.  Some were friendly though.  It was a scenic run, but the disorganization was overwhelming.

• jlcouncil Rookie 3 posts since
    Mar 15, 2011
    2. May 20, 2013 6:29 AM (in response to Guest )

I'm always happy to support a military cause but I agree with Steve.  I also ran the 10k and ended up running about 9 miles.  I was glad to get a good workout but I actually wanted to try and place.  People's times were all over the place because everyone ran different routes.  I would also suggest doing water cups and not bottles.  You can't drink out of a water bottle while running and you can't run with one either.  There was also nowhere to throw them away.

• Blitzone Rookie 1 posts since
    Mar 21, 2010
    3. May 20, 2013 9:40 AM (in response to Guest )

Very disorganized, very sad coming from a military unit. Route was poorly marked. I ran 7.50 miles. I would have run more had I not ignored the person directing the route. Water stations too far apart and a bottle of water just doesnt work. When I mentioned to the person on the PA the route was messed up the only response I received was we know and it is good for you to run that far. The start was messed up as well. The 10K started before people were lined up. Very disapointed. It could have been a great run.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...