Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

494 Views 4 Replies Latest reply: May 21, 2013 8:01 PM by Gigi3lbs RSS
Gigi3lbs Rookie 3 posts since
May 21, 2013
Currently Being Moderated

May 21, 2013 6:31 PM

Haven't run in a long time (7 years) 2nd run this week and got really sick???

I ran two miles today. It wasn't difficult so I didn't think too much of it. I had three egg whites and a side of fruit for breakfast and some unsalted nuts for a little snack before my run. I had a half a cup of decaf and about 12 ounces of water before my run. I had about 16 oz after my run. About a half hour to 45 min after my run I got aggitated, shaky, cold, and sick to my stomach. I drank a bit of lemonaide thinking it was blood sugar related. Forced down my lunch and more water. 6 hours later I still feel like %$#& but, slightly better. What did I do wrong and how can I fix it and not repeat it. THANK YOU!!! I'm upset that running tomorrow isn't a good idea now

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 7 points