Skip navigation

1096 Views 4 Replies Latest reply: May 31, 2013 8:14 AM by Frank_B RSS
Lou_B Community Moderator 1,319 posts since
May 25, 2007
Currently Being Moderated

May 22, 2013 11:36 AM

12 Year Old Pitching in Minors

From the story it sounds like this league let 12's pitch in minors for years !!!

It finally caused a problem and they "got caught".

No way LL (Williamsport) is going to give the a Waiver for it!

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/highschool-prep-rally/mass-little-leaguer-banned-pitching-because-throws-too-152547911.html

• Frank_B Legend 1,324 posts since
    May 30, 2007
    1. May 29, 2013 9:59 AM (in response to Lou_B)

Possibly, its just not the league involved that should be taken to task, but also their Districtor Administrator who is required to sign off on Waiver Form V(a)---Reg: V(a)---allowing a L/A 12 to be rostered in minors.

Absent that  (granted) waiver it matters not that the parents, and/or the league ok'd it---cannot happen absent the granted waiver.

That waiver form approval/disapproval "stops" at the DA's desk; not required to go further up the chain of command

Hard to believe the DA was not aware of the situation.

Frank!

May 30, 2007
    2. May 29, 2013 11:33 AM (in response to Frank_B)

...and if their  DA Did sign off allowing the subject 12 y/o to be rostered (legally) on to a minors team, another rulebook LL regulation states L/A 12's are prohibited from pitching in the minors; also stated on the waiver form itself-----that form requiring parents/legal guardian, league president, and DA's signatures.

Frank!

May 30, 2007
    4. May 31, 2013 8:14 AM (in response to Lou_B)

Didn't say:    ........"the DA is supposed to know"......simply stated the existing regulation pitching prohibition and  form signatures required.

Albeit, speaking for my district, persons are always "dropping dimes"  to me as a district official, or my DA, regarding violations committed at game venues.

Frank!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...