Skip navigation

314 Views 3 Replies Latest reply: May 23, 2013 6:40 PM by drsrun5 RSS
Currently Being Moderated

May 19, 2013 5:18 PM

The Retro Run 5k - Austin Reviews

Share your experiences with the The Retro Run 5k - Austin below Back to event details page.

• krislauren Rookie 1 posts since
    Jan 4, 2013
    1. May 19, 2013 5:18 PM (in response to Guest )
    Re: The Retro Run 5k - Austin Reviews

If I could give 0 stars I would.  We have decided the reason this race was postponed and the venue changed was likely due to the lack of participants. There were less than 200 people.  There was no first aid station.  There was no shade. The first water station you had to fill your own cups, and there were too many people huddled around waiting.  The only adult we saw that appeared to be affiliated with this 5k was the woman who lead the warm up, and was walking the track taking pictures with her personal digital point and shoot camera.  They were kind enough to have warm vitamin water to provide once you crossed the finish line.  Or you could again fill your own cup with water.

And did I mention the number of teenage volunteers grouped together chatting, roaming, and not actually doing anything useful??  They couldn't answer any of my questions.

What a disaster.

Totally was not worth the entry fee.

• RyanPride Rookie 1 posts since
    Aug 31, 2011
    2. May 20, 2013 6:09 PM (in response to Guest )

Screw these guys.  They changed the day to a time I could not participate due to work and when I wrote them about it, received nothing.  Not even a peep.  I understand refunds are limited with these kinds of activities.  But when the host changes the date, I feel there should at least be SOMETHING that goes back if it messes up people's schedules.  Learned my lesson.  And from the previous review, doesn't sound like it was worth the time, energy, or money anyway.

• drsrun5 Rookie 1 posts since
    Apr 1, 2013
    3. May 23, 2013 6:40 PM (in response to Guest )

This was the worst 5k I've ever done. I could forgive it and move on if only the organizers would explain to me why they didn't have a first aid station instead of ignoring me. They're also deleting complaints posted on their Facebook page. For $35 the least they could have done was given decent quality shirts but even that didn't happen. I wish I'd read reviews on Active first. Sounds like Austin wasn't the only one that got screwed.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...