Skip navigation

1188 Views 4 Replies Latest reply: Jun 3, 2013 5:39 AM by clemsonballergirl RSS
clemsonballergirl Rookie 4 posts since
May 31, 2013
Currently Being Moderated

May 31, 2013 11:59 AM

helping my teammates get pump?

so I'm 17 and i've been playing ball since I was 18 months old. well now I'm at the age where I am one of the team captains. so far this season for AAU we haven't done so hot. and we have lost a good amount of the games. does anyone have any ideas on how myself and the other team captain can help get our team pump so we can actually get things going better for us? it will be amazing to get some information on how because the things I'm doing isn't working any longer.

• deezy23 Rookie 5 posts since
    Jun 1, 2013
    1. Jun 1, 2013 10:15 PM (in response to clemsonballergirl)

Practice. Go at each other in practice harder then you do in games, it's the best way to get better IMO. If you are the captain, beat the rest of the girls during sprints every time, but dont say anything about that until someone comments on it (they always do) and then say you will race them next time, and if you can get the other captain in on it, the two of you race until the entire team is trying to beat everyone else just for bragging rights. Create that air of competition, and then during games it will be easier to motivate them because they are more used to being extremely comptetative on the court. I dont know if this stuff works for everyone else, but before our games our captains do like chest bumps with guys during the layup lines and get in their faces if they look nervous or even worse, bored.

• nortega14 Rookie 2 posts since
    Jun 2, 2013
    3. Jun 2, 2013 10:08 PM (in response to clemsonballergirl)

you know, most of the pump ups within ball team come not only during practices, but outside of it. Maybe they're struggling in some areas, idk, relationships and whatnot, so get involved with them in a more personal level, try to focus on the game youll be having and just bond as a team, with the same music, developing same interests, making your team into a family. As a captain myself, i became a great motivational speaker overtime, and motivation is a HUGE part, not only in basketball, but in sports in general

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 7 points