Skip navigation

161 Views 0 Replies Latest reply: Jun 4, 2013 9:31 AM by runrobbierun22 RSS
runrobbierun22 Rookie 7 posts since
May 29, 2013
Currently Being Moderated

Jun 4, 2013 9:31 AM

How The Bosu Ball Changed My Life

I'm a very active individual. I love to mountain bike, run, swin, compete in triathlons, half marathons, adventure races, etc. I started having IT band issues after a very active early spring, and I went to see a PT. He thought I had some things out of whack - hips, back, etc. all of that leading to my having pain in my IT band. After a few PT workouts I began having more issues, but this time it was with my back. I was diagnosed with a herniated disk. I didn't know what to do. I saw several other PT's and got many varying opinions over the weeks and months after my diagnosis.

I was fed up. I was done. I gathered the information I learned from each PT I saw and formulated my own set of PT workouts that focused mainly on hip flexibilty and core strength (originating in my back - not abs).

This is where the BOSU Ball came into play. I looked up a few workouts and went and bought a bosu ball online from road runner sports and got to work. The following workouts changed my life:

1. The Forearm Plank

forearm-plank-illo_300.jpg

2. The Side Plank

side-plank-illo_300.jpg

3. BOSU Ball Mountain Climbers

mountain-climber-illo_300.jpg

Once I intermixed these BOSU Ball exercised into my daily workouts, my herniated disk began to be relieved due to my increased stability from all the core strength I had built up! Once I fixed that, my knee issues began going away as well.

Of course, I don't claim to be a doctor - so please go see a professional if you're having similar issues.

I'd love to hear your BOSU ball stoies as well! Reply away!!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...