Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

533 Views 1 Reply Latest reply: Jun 7, 2013 3:35 AM by laserjones16
willbearunner Rookie 1 posts since
Jun 6, 2013
Currently Being Moderated

Jun 6, 2013 8:14 AM

Differences between Jeff's 5K/10K book and the apps

Hi everyone,

I have Jeff's 5K app for my iphone and also got the book from the library.  I know the book is older so I am not sure if he changed his training guidelines but I noticed that you run more than 3 days a week in the book's programs while the app only has 3 days.  Not sure if anyone read the book before but should the info be considered outdated and should I just follow the app or could I do either? 

• laserjones16 Rookie 7 posts since
    Jun 20, 2012

Hi.  Yes, I noticed the same thing as I just started using the app as well.  I typically run (walk) 2 days then rest the third and then repeat.  So in the middle of the first week the app started me on the second week of the program.  Is it better to extend each week's program out for the week or move on to the next level after 3 sessions?

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...