Skip navigation

387 Views 3 Replies Latest reply: Jun 8, 2013 1:22 PM by thefirecat RSS
lenzlaw Community Moderator 10,319 posts since
Jan 18, 2008
Currently Being Moderated

Jun 7, 2013 11:23 AM

7 Jun - Fri

And raining and raining and raining.  Core and weights this morning.  Doing them together, I feel like I got a better workout.  If there is any break in the rain I'll try to get in a short run.  I have a half-marathon Sunday.

Len

• thefirecat Community Moderator 2,779 posts since
    Dec 14, 2007
    1. Jun 7, 2013 11:21 PM (in response to lenzlaw)
    7 Jun - Fri

Wait, Len, are you running the ODDyssey? I have friends doing that. But I feel like I know what you're running and that's not it. Hmm.

Yeah, it's just now letting up rainwise here. Been a fairly wet few days. Wednesday's five miles kicked some serious butt, though. And about time, too. I feel like I'm finally starting to be back where I was before my surgery last September. Maybe not stamina-wise quite yet, but my core is pretty strong again. Nothing like a little scalpel action to freak your abs out, even arthroscopically. The internal incision and stuff where the gallbladder came out mostly don't get sore anymore. (I mean, not running, anyway. Turns out I still can't eat Indian food.) Len more than anyone here knows how sore that was last year, since he got to spend 22 miles listening to me whine about it.

So are we making another go of it, Len?

God is great, beer is good, and people are crazy.

• thefirecat Community Moderator 2,779 posts since
    Dec 14, 2007
    3. Jun 8, 2013 1:22 PM (in response to lenzlaw)
    7 Jun - Fri

Pwahahahaha I think the question there is are my legs and lungs up to a sub-5? Under 11:26 for 26 miles? Probably not this year. But someday.

God is great, beer is good, and people are crazy.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...