Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

341 Views 1 Reply Latest reply: Jun 9, 2013 7:09 PM by JamesJohnsonLMT RSS
MissCaraLou Rookie 1 posts since
Mar 11, 2010
Currently Being Moderated

Jun 2, 2013 12:43 PM

Help Please

I am new to Summerfield, Florida and am looking for someone to work out with, run with or walk with or all the above. I am too young to be in an older community who don't get up and move and enjoy.

Cara Gawerecki

• JamesJohnsonLMT Legend 1,127 posts since
    Aug 23, 2009
    Currently Being Moderated
    1. Jun 9, 2013 7:09 PM (in response to MissCaraLou)
    Help Please

VIsit a local 5k (don't run it if you are not prepared), and you will meet plenty of similarly motivated individuals, some of whom might live near you. Most 5ks will have information about local running clubs, if they are not in fact organized by them (they often are). I know there is a lot of beautiful running down that way, but a lot of running clubs are socially oriented, and may do a lot of drinking, as athletic clubs often do. If that's not your cup of tea, be aware there are lots of competent runners of all ages who are drawn to the tracks of local schools for workouts, where permitted, and where the activities are better monitored.

If you get the chance, it's worth the drive down to the Croom Trail, where lots of dedicated runners enjoy miles of well padded running.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...