Skip navigation

441 Views 3 Replies Latest reply: Jun 13, 2013 11:59 AM by skypilot77 RSS
lenzlaw Community Moderator 10,389 posts since
Jan 18, 2008
Currently Being Moderated

Jun 9, 2013 10:50 AM

9 Jun - Sun

My ODDyssey complete, I am still none the wiser about Homer or Greek epic poetry.  This ODDyssey is the half I ran this morning. It went OK, given warmer than ideal conditions.  About 8 miles I started noticing "goose bumps" on the inside of my arms. And I wasn't cold. I took this as God telling me to slow down and drink a little more.

Len

• BOSNPM We're Not Worthy 2,482 posts since
    Nov 20, 2007
    1. Jun 10, 2013 7:10 AM (in response to lenzlaw)
    9 Jun - Sun

Great job listening!  I had the same thing on Sat I ran 13.1 with 8 atMP in awful weather 78 with a dew point of 75, after the pace work I walked some that's when I got the goose bumps.

• justamaniac Legend 189 posts since
    May 30, 2007
    2. Jun 10, 2013 9:08 AM (in response to lenzlaw)
    9 Jun - Sun

I didn't do the the ODDyssey or get goose bumps (never have experienced those), but I did do 11.5m on C&O canal trail. I spun off the trail to do the hill on Reservoir Rd (so that I would know what to expect at mile 7 for the MCM). It was 63deg at 6:30AM but a 95% humidity and it didn't get any better. I usually like to post whole number miles, but I didn't have it in me to run another 1/2 mile... I started out with 12-13 miles as my goal.  I think that the burger and beers from the night before had an adverse affect on me .

-bill

• skypilot77 Legend 1,077 posts since
    Dec 16, 2009
    3. Jun 13, 2013 11:59 AM (in response to lenzlaw)
    9 Jun - Sun

Good job on the half Len.

Good work Phil

And Justa - I do not know the names of the roads and streets but that must be the road that heads up and back towards the city after running along the Potomac. I`m guessing, anyway.

I ran 7 very hilly miles today. The time was slower but I did well on the hills

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...