Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

2232963 Views 11,399 Replies Latest reply: Oct 3, 2014 9:50 AM by Kelly1066 Go to original post 1 ... 723 724 725 726 727 ... 760 Previous Next
  • grammysboy Rookie 2 posts since
    Apr 24, 2013
    Currently Being Moderated
    10,860. May 30, 2013 6:22 AM (in response to Wideguy)
    200+ Pound Club!

Haven't done a "mudder" yet.  They look like fun.  We did do a cross-country 5k a couple of weeks ago.  It was much easier on my knees than the road runs I've done so far.

I'm a "morning" person, so I do my exercising early to get it out of the way.  The treadmill has been my buddy up to this point, however, this morning I hit the roads for a little 3.2 mile jog.  My heart rate monitor says I burned over 780 calories in 47 minutes.  Does anyone else use a HRM to track calories?  I'm a newbie here.

Thanks Wideguy for maintaining this site!

Joe/Grammysboy

• SeeFluffyRun Legend 251 posts since
    Sep 2, 2009
    10,862. Jun 3, 2013 5:36 PM (in response to Wideguy)
    200+ Pound Club!

Where have you been WG?  I have been looking for you.  LOL

glad to see you posting again.  I did a mudrun recently but it was all women and it was a fun run, not a tough mudder run.  I'll stick to the fun ones.  LOL

Graduated C25K 08/09/2009

Restarted 04/01/2013

Follow me on my journey: SEEFLUFFYRUN

Twitter: @SeeFluffyRun

Facebook: SeeFluffyRun

Blog: seefluffyrun.blogspot.com

• c25kClint Rookie 6 posts since
    Apr 8, 2013
    10,865. Jun 16, 2013 2:23 AM (in response to Wideguy)
    Re: 200+ Pound Club!

Well I've graduated C25K today, with mixed feelings, by jogging 5.4kms. I had finished week 9 by jogging for 30 mins some weeks ago, but that was only 3.5kms as I am slow as a trickle. Today's jog was mainly on grass & bitumen, avoiding cement as I've been getting a score knee since running 30mins +. My knee pain is occuring when walking stairs & down hills.

I would love to get my speed up now & be able to jog the 5k in the 30mins, as opposed to 42mins. I'd apprecite any tips from the 200+ Pound Gang on getting faster times & treating knee pain issues, so I can keep on keeping on with my new lifestyle activity of jogging.

Started C25K February 2013

Graduated C25K June 16 2013

Share my journey

• NubeRunnerHopefully Rookie 3 posts since
    Jun 16, 2013
    10,866. Jun 17, 2013 6:30 AM (in response to Wideguy)
    200+ Pound Club!

Ok so I an totally new to this thing called running. I tried (emphasizing the word tried) c25k. I am motivated and excited to start but when it was time for my first jog (w1d1) I was already feeling the shin splints. Any suggestions about how not to get these evil splints right away. I did finish the workout without the jog but I did continue to keep moving until the end. I am now in the process of icing. Please help I don't wnt to quit.

• AnneofGreenGables Rookie 5 posts since
    Jun 17, 2013
    10,867. Jun 17, 2013 7:45 PM (in response to Wideguy)
    200+ Pound Club!

Hello,  I just saw the thread title and since I am 207 currently decided to join.   I am a pretty active mom of 3 kids,    I work out usually about 3x a week at a local taekwondo studio and am working on earning my supergreen belt.  Since I started taekwondo last year, I have lost about 40 pounds through exercise, no dieting.   One of the ladies at the TKD studio decided to run a 5k in July and asked for people to sign up with her.  So being slightly crazy I have agreed to join her.   Slightly crazy since I hate running!   This Saturday I plan to walk a 5 k with maybe a bit of jogging.    My goal is to be able to run 1.5 miles by July when I do the 5k with Julie.   I also would like to be around 175 lbs.  but not overly worried about that.

• c25kClint Rookie 6 posts since
    Apr 8, 2013
    10,871. Jun 18, 2013 3:02 PM (in response to Wideguy)
    Re: 200+ Pound Club!

Thx Wideguy,

Got a physio band made from wet suit material & it's working wonders. Squats will be easy enough to do as well to build it all up.

Cheers,

Clint

Started C25K February 2013

Graduated C25K June 16 2013

Share my journey

• MichelleSzeluga Rookie 1 posts since
    Feb 12, 2013
    10,872. Jun 19, 2013 8:27 AM (in response to Wideguy)
    200+ Pound Club!

How do I even get started running?  I can barely walk without getting out of breath.

• GloriaSiler Rookie 3 posts since
    Jan 22, 2013
    10,874. Jun 19, 2013 1:09 PM (in response to SeeFluffyRun)
    200+ Pound Club!

Thank you for the encourgement! I did the 10k in my woggle style (walk/run/jog)! I was so excited, my time was 1.51. Not as bad as I thought it would be. I have already signed up for the half for next year. I am down to 241 from 261. To everyone who needs to start, it only takes that very first step, after that the next very first step...have a wonderful walking/jogging/running expereience!

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...