Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

473 Views 1 Reply Latest reply: Jun 19, 2013 7:33 PM by lenzlaw
prplx Rookie 3 posts since
May 13, 2013
Currently Being Moderated

Jun 19, 2013 10:05 AM

Using my running shoe for extended walk?

Hi again and sorry if this has been covered before, could not find it here.

I am going to Europe this summer for three weeks, and obviouslly will do tons of walking in many cities.  I have been considering buying some walking shoes, since my hiking boots will be to hot in the south of Europe.  But then, I have been thinking: since I will bring my running shoes anyway, and they are the most comfortable shoes I own, thet are super light, very well aired, why not simply use those for the long day walks?

Any conter indicatio to that?  Apartt from the obvious, that it will shorten the life of my shoes?

• lenzlaw Community Moderator 10,431 posts since
    Jan 18, 2008
    Currently Being Moderated
    1. Jun 19, 2013 7:33 PM (in response to prplx)
    Using my running shoe for extended walk?

Most advice says no.  The problem is that your footplant and gait are different when you walk, and your shoes will develop different wear patterns, on the midsole particularly.  By the time you get back your shoes may be well adapted for walking and may cause problems when running.

Len

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...