Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

283 Views 1 Reply Latest reply: Jun 26, 2013 9:36 AM by dslamans RSS
AgentNut Rookie 1 posts since
Jun 26, 2013
Currently Being Moderated

Jun 26, 2013 6:35 AM

I am starting c25k TODAY! Need a group :)

Hey ya'll. I've been working on my treadmill for a couple of weeks now doing intervals of walking/jogging, but now I want to start the program to move my progress along. I would love to have a group following along the same time frame as me as support and motivation. I'm doing mine on a treadmill to start and hopefully soon I'll have the courage to venture out into the public eye. My goal is a 5k coming up the end of August. I look at everyone else and think..."if they can do it, why can't I?" Well, I'm gonna do it...might take me longer to get there, but I'm gonna do it!

I'm out of shape, but I can atleast jog for 90 seconds. 36-year-old mother of 2 from SC. Needing to lose weight, but doing C25K mainly because I have always  dreamed of running.

• dslamans Rookie 3 posts since
    Jun 8, 2012
    Currently Being Moderated
    1. Jun 26, 2013 9:36 AM (in response to AgentNut)
    I am starting c25k TODAY! Need a group :)

I would suggest the sooner you can get outside and run the better. Treadmill running is so different and you may get used to it and find outside running a challenge. May as well hit the challenge right on the first day!  Just my thoughts from a veteran C25Ker. 

~Deanna, Athlete for Life!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...