Skip navigation

939 Views 3 Replies Latest reply: Jul 1, 2013 7:33 AM by BOSNPM
lenzlaw Community Moderator 10,431 posts since
Jan 18, 2008
Currently Being Moderated

Jun 30, 2013 5:08 PM

30 Jun - Sun

I had an interesting run today. I went out a little late (11:30) but it didn't make much difference in the temps. I thought about doing 12 since I didn't last week - wait a minute, I got 11, that's good. So I decided on 8. It started a light rain about 2 miles in - OK, real humid anyway. Turned around at 4 and started back and it was raining a little harder. Then just before 5 the sky opened - pouring, big puddles, cars splashing. Then a little later the lightening started. So I hunkered down under a building overhang, skipped a side route that adds a mile, waited for the lightning to pass, and ended up doing 7. Well, that was exciting.

Len

• justamaniac Legend 208 posts since
    May 30, 2007
    1. Jun 30, 2013 7:48 PM (in response to lenzlaw)
    30 Jun - Sun

I got 13 miles in with a 6:30AM start... I was hoping for some relief from the humidity with an early start, but you are right - it really would not have made a difference if I had started at noon..!  I was dripping wet by the time I was done. But at least it was overcast and it was a good run overall.

• BOSNPM We're Not Worthy 2,482 posts since
    Nov 20, 2007
    3. Jul 1, 2013 7:33 AM (in response to lenzlaw)
    Re: 30 Jun - Sun

I did a nice humid 12 on Sat, and a nice 3/4 mile swim on Sun, no issues with the humidity on the swim!  Weather has been awful for 3 weeks and it looks like it is going to stay that way until maybe Fri.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...