Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

702 Views 2 Replies Latest reply: Jul 2, 2013 5:20 AM by C-Rock RSS
C-Rock Pro 70 posts since
Aug 24, 2007
Currently Being Moderated

Jun 22, 2013 8:18 PM

Anyone use Rogaine?

I sweat alot.  It's summertime in Florida.  I've tryed hats, I've even tryed the "sweat gutr" but I feel like the Rogaine is sweating off my hair and scalp and down my face.  It doesn't irritate my eyes but I notice a new taste in my mouth that I can only assume is the Rogaine.  Is this something I should be concerned about?  The people on the other end of the 800 number couldn't(or wouldn't divulge) offer info. 

• JamesJohnsonLMT Legend 1,160 posts since
    Aug 23, 2009
    Currently Being Moderated
    1. Jun 30, 2013 11:46 AM (in response to C-Rock)
    Anyone use Rogaine?

I'm not sure the benefits of this product are worth the risks or costs. The manufacturer may not be helpful on the phone, but Rogaine is required to include the same list of warnings other drugs provide, and I would advise reading it thoroughly . The product interferes with the action of testosterone in the scalp, and I don't see how it could be completely harmless if ingested regularly.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 7 points