Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

995 Views 1 Reply Latest reply: Sep 13, 2013 3:17 AM by LissaCoffey RSS
Salescrafter Rookie 1 posts since
Jul 8, 2013
Currently Being Moderated

Jul 8, 2013 8:29 AM

What Treadmill to get?

I would like to get a treadmill in the $1700-2000 range. I do NOT want a folding treadmill, and needs to be soft on the knees. What do you guys recommend?

Many thanks

JLB

• LissaCoffey Rookie 5 posts since
    Aug 7, 2013
    Currently Being Moderated
    1. Sep 13, 2013 3:17 AM (in response to Salescrafter)
    What Treadmill to get?

Hi, JLB

A treadmill is a device for walking or running while staying in the same place. Treadmills were introduced before the development of mechanical machines, to harness the power of animals or humans to do work,If you don't want to join a gym, treadmills are one of the most popular choices of in-home fitness equipment. The best models offer a smooth, stable ride, with features that work well. In terms of in-console accessories and preprogrammed workouts, quality is more important than quantity. Having a good warranty on your treadmill is great, but responsive, helpful customer service that honors the warranty is just as important

Advantages of a treadmill

• A treadmill allows you to run in a relatively comfortable environment regardless of the weather outside. This is a particular boon when there is snow and ice outside, or severe storms. In those conditions it may be impractical or dangerous to run outside.
    • If you have to travel to a location where you can run, then a treadmill can save you time. If it's a 15 min. drive to your running location, then that's an extra 30 min. you can spend running (or doing something else).
    • A treadmill can be used to ensure your running at a particular pace. Even with the Best Running Watch and Footpod it's tricky to be precise when running outside.
    • Some treadmills can be used for Downhill Running, which is a great way of building up muscular endurance. With the treadmill you can go downhill from much further than is practical in most locations.
    • It is possible to use a treadmill for Heat Acclimation Training, by raising the temperature in the room, or having a heater blowing directly on you.
    • It's much easier to evaluate someone's Running Form when they are on the treadmill rather than outside.

The reasons to start a sprinting routine on a treadmill are numerous. Runners who have been sidelined by snowy trails and sidewalks can keep up with their routines by using a treadmill at their gym or in their home. Running on the treadmill is ideal for those who are beginners, according to Running Planet. New runners may feel intimidated by sprinting, but the treadmill gives newbies a wonderful tool for incorporating a sprinting program. Treadmills offer a level, dry and stable surface for runners making it an ideal alternative to outdoor running they come in two different types Domestic Treadmills & Commercial Treadmills,its upto you which one suits you the most and your body and pocket...

Weight Loss Tip: If you are afraid of gaining weight – drink 50 ml of brandy before every meal – it will reduce fear. :)

“I decided to take an aerobics class. I benttwistedgyratedjumped up and down… and perspired for a half an hour. But by the time I got my tights on…. the class was over!” - :)

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 7 points