Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

463 Views 2 Replies Latest reply: Jul 14, 2013 7:45 AM by justamaniac RSS
mitaka Rookie 1 posts since
Jul 12, 2013
Currently Being Moderated

Jul 12, 2013 11:51 AM

10 km every day??

Hallo! I'm running for 10km 5 days per a week but some articles in internet  say that this is not healthy if I do it every day. Do you know something about it???? If its truth of course?? I also need to know if this going to help me loose some more weight about 8kg.I started running on the 4th of march this year and I lost about 10kg already but I stoped loosing any weight in the last 2-3 weeks. Should I change something or should I worry about it. Please give me some idvice if know.Thanks!

• lenzlaw Community Moderator 10,369 posts since
    Jan 18, 2008
    1. Jul 12, 2013 8:46 PM (in response to mitaka)
    10 km every day??

It depends on your objectives.  If you're interested in fitness, then doing 10K, five days a week is fine.  Weight loss, however, is more involved with diet than with running or exercise in general.  Your running is burning about 3100 calories per week, less than one pound.  Diet changes are more likely to lead to continued weight loss.

If your running goal is to race and/or improve your times, then it would be a good idea to vary the intensity and distance of your runs over the course of each week.

Len

• justamaniac Pro 178 posts since
    May 30, 2007
    2. Jul 14, 2013 7:45 AM (in response to mitaka)
    10 km every day??

I agree with lenzlaw that your diet will play a big role in your weight goals. I also agree that mixing up your runs (distance and intensity) will make a difference.  Much has been said about creating "muscle confusion", which leads to positively affecting your metabolic rate.  Try mixing in some hill repeats or speed intervals into your weekly routine.  You might even try running a little further than 10K.  Those long-slow-fat-burning runs are actually good for you.

good luck!

-bill

http://runningthrutime.blogspot.com

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 7 points