Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

2921 Views 51 Replies Latest reply: Sep 11, 2007 2:08 PM by katiewillrunit RSS Go to original post 1 2 3 4 Previous Next
  • macd019 Pro 709 posts since
    Dec 14, 2007
    Currently Being Moderated
    16. Sep 5, 2007 12:50 PM (in response to katiewillrunit)
    Re: Is anyone else at Week 3 of C25K right now?

Katie, I'm running on a TM at the moment. I may borrow from lswife and repeat the program outdoors after I finish it, or I may transition outside when fall temps arrive. I am a real wimp when it comes to humidity.

Camplate, love the image of an unbalanced washing machine! That's me!

Since I'm doing the program first thing in the morning, I stretch between the warmup walk and C25K. I haven't really noticed if it helps any, though. On the "off" days I sometimes do a Winsor pilates video--it has some good stretches and "core" work.

• jb944 Rookie 162 posts since
    Dec 14, 2007

Katie,
    I don't really have a problem with the earbuds falling out.  I have seen comments from others indicating they loop the excess cord over the top of their ears to help keep the buds in.

• DipMom Rookie 175 posts since
    Jan 2, 2007

Hi All,

I thought I would jump in here too! I did my first W3 run yesterday and it was a challenge but I got through it.

I did the entire C25K last year on a treadmill and it worked well. This year I have a dog and decided that we both need to get in shape so I am outside. The first thing I noticed is that what seems like a tiny hill in a car is HUGE when you are running on it!

Does anyone else run with a dog?

By the way, I use earbuds and the podcasts too! I love it because I don't have to think. Earbuds have not fallen out but I have caught my hand on the excess cord and pulled them out, so I learned to tuck the cord away.

Cindy

• DipMom Rookie 175 posts since
    Jan 2, 2007

Where did everybody go? I guess I will keep posting here and just see how it goes.

I did my second W3 run and it was OK. The hills are pretty bad but the downhill is a reward for doing the uphill. I ate a piece of toast with peanut butter before I went out and I felt that I had much more energy. Does anyone else eat before running?

In some ways W3 almost seems easier since we only have 4 runs. After the first two it was such a shock to realize I was already halfway done.

I got out at 6:45 this morning which is about 1/2 an hour later than I would like. All the school busses were already on the raod and the exhaust they spew was harsh. The thought of that will help me get my lazy butt out of bed next time!

How is everyone else doing?

• macd019 Pro 709 posts since
    Dec 14, 2007
    22. Sep 7, 2007 11:56 AM (in response to katiewillrunit)

I'm still here too. Did W4D2 this morning with only an extra 30 seconds of walking added in to the last 5-min. run. I surprised myself a little by getting up in time to run at all this morning, as I was up pretty late watching the Colts last night  !http://www.coolrunning.com/forums/wink.gif|src=http://www.coolrunning.com/forums/wink.gif|border=0!

I plan to wrap week 4 up on Sunday and start 5 on Tuesday.

Happy running and a great weekend to everyone!

• camplate Rookie 4 posts since
    Aug 31, 2007

Done with W5D1. Cut the grass in the morning, sat in traffic and other time consuming activities all day, and now the run. Tomorrow is a work detail for my club: eight hours of hauling, shoveling, painting, cleaning, whatever. I will be more sore from that than anything.

I do have a question about my ankles. This isn't limited to one side. I have looked on the stretching and strengthening pages and have not seen this covered. It feels like my foot is going to fly off while walking, long after exercising. It does not hurt when I take a step, but when I lift my foot, it feels like my foot stays on the ground, the muscles going down the outside and inside of my ankle feel like they are being stretched...as if my foot was being pulled off. It goes down to the foot itself, below the ankle.

A long time ago I was seeing a chiropractor and he marveled at how weak my feet and ankles were. This was when I was still in high school and college, an athlete (haha). He would grab my foot and have me push it from side to side. Most of the time I couldn't even move it all, with no resistance. He gave me exercises to do but they did not help.

Any advice?

• lapo Rookie 24 posts since
    Aug 31, 2007

I did it!!!

It took me three tries to complete W4D1, but it's over and I feel 1000x better about this program. I was doing alright on W3, but then I had to take five days off to move apartments and getting back into it has been really tough.

It really helped to change the order of the intervals (just a thing in my head that I wanted to get the worst part over with) and of course I slowed waaayyy down. I had been jogging at 12 mins/mi (already slow), and slowed down to 12:30 or 13. Oh well !http://www.coolrunning.com/forums/smile.gif|src=http://www.coolrunning.com/forums/smile.gif|border=0!

Keep up the good work everyone!  That jump from week 3 to 4 is tough, but if I made it so can you!

• mamahuss Rookie 34 posts since
    Dec 15, 2007

I ran W4D1 today.  I have been running for about 3 years (did my first 5k at age 55), but without a training program to help me.  We are doing a family 5k at Thanksgiving this year (long story) and my children (college age and older) are using C25K to train.  They are having great results so I decided to look into it.  Since I am not starting from couch, I decided to jump into the middle of the program.  I felt good about the first run today.  I ran on the treadmill, but at an incline so tonight I am feeling it in my thighs.  Looking forward to reading results and sharing progress.  My goal is to run the 5k and not be embarrassed by my children.

• dobermanth Rookie 34 posts since
    Sep 4, 2007
    28. Sep 8, 2007 12:32 PM (in response to katiewillrunit)

Hey all, I had jumped on one of the other topics but I am right in page with all of you. One question, do you all run on specific days or stick to everyother day? I run on T/TH/SA (just finished w3d3 this morning). I have been trying to ride my bike 2 miles on the mornings off to help build my leg strength. I am excited about this work out and looking forward to my first run in Nov. when I am done with this training program.

• ladymoonlite Rookie 131 posts since
    Sep 8, 2007
    29. Dec 21, 2007 10:44 PM (in response to katiewillrunit)

I'm so glad I found this thread!  I seem to be jumping in a bit late, as I did W4D1 yesterday, but I'm SO happy to see everyone feeling the way I do.  I've been reading everything I can on the subject but it just seems to frustrate me because it's all so advanced.  

Here's one I can't seem to find an answer to: Anyone else having numbness in their feet during a run?

Now I've got to find out about this podcast stuff... sounds great!

[http://This message has been edited by ladymoonlite (edited Sep-08-2007).|http://This message has been edited by ladymoonlite (edited Sep-08-2007).]

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...