Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

631 Views 3 Replies Latest reply: Jul 31, 2013 3:55 AM by GingerZ
Hugs4Mugs Rookie 4 posts since
Jul 16, 2013
Currently Being Moderated

Jul 20, 2013 2:41 PM

I graduated !:-)

I finished week 9 day 3 yesterday.  It felt great. If someone six months ago had told me that I would be able to run for thirty minutes, I would have wondered what the were smoking. I am really loving how I feel physically and emotionally.  I am also now down 58 pounds since January. 

Tomorrow I plan to run for distance and run a full 5k. It may take me 38 minutes, but I can do it. If I can finish this program, most people can.

If it worked, below is a photo of my running road.

Attachments:
  • Kelly1066 Pro 128 posts since
    Jul 12, 2012
    1. Jul 20, 2013 6:17 PM (in response to Hugs4Mugs)

Congratulations!  That's awesome, and what a beautiful road to run on!  I know exactly what you mean about if someone told you six months ago you'd be running thirty minutes that you'd be shocked - I tried to take up running once before I had kids, and quit after two days, swearing I was just not cut out to be a runner and it was miserable and I would never try it again.  C25k's gradual walk/run program changed all that and made it possible for me to get to the point where it's enjoyable!

Congrats, and now you have the fun part where you get to decide where to go from here!  I wish I'd taken more time to just enjoy being able to run thirty minutes, and done that three times a week and felt accomplished, instead of running sporadically and then deciding to train for longer distances.  It's such a fun thing to be able to just get out there and run!

I'm sure you'll figure out what makes you happiest as a runner and go for it

I write a running blog geared towards other new runners at http://www.iamrunningthis.com!

Couch to 5K graduate, September 2012

First 10K, June 2nd, 2013

First Half Marathon, September 2013

Twitter: @iamrunningthis

• Roxierunswithme Rookie 5 posts since
    Jul 10, 2013
    2. Jul 22, 2013 8:23 PM (in response to Hugs4Mugs)

Congrats! Your running road looks nice! I'm a week behind you. I need to figure out how others are losing weight......

• GingerZ Rookie 2 posts since
    Jun 7, 2013
    3. Jul 31, 2013 3:55 AM (in response to Hugs4Mugs)

Congratulations! That's wonderful!

Today is my Week 9, Day 3 - The Last Run. I can't believe I made it this far. I'll never forget what Day One was like!

Roxie, everyone's different. I haven't lost an ounce in the 12 weeks I've been running. And I won't have made three miles in 30 minutes, either - I'm barely reaching two miles. No matter - you get the same health benefits from the exercise, whether you lose weight or not. I'm just impressed with all of us for doing this - we ROCK!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...